Your opinion? My ex's girlfriend kisses my 6 yr old on the lips

Even if the girlfriend has never kissed her own son on the lips? She's also never kissed my ex's 3 other kids on the lips.

Suzy

hmm.png

How does your daughter feel about it? I think that would be my main concern. She is little enough where it is an ok thing to do, but ONLY if she is comfortable with it. I always kissed my son on the lips til he was like13. Then it was just weird.
lol.png

she may be doing it just because she knows it bothers you - JMO. Especially since she doesn't do this behavior with the other kids AND you have asked them not to do it. Some people are just spiteful that way. I would just ignore it - this way they get no power from doing what you've asked them not to do. Again IMO

FYI, I used to kiss both my kids when they were young, toddlers to about 5 or 6 on the lips. More cause that's where they aimed for than because of anything I was purposefully doing.

As they got older it was less and less a thing we did/do. My kids are now teens and they don't even want a hug much less kisses!!!

I do have to admit, a gal I work with kisses her grown sons on the mouth and I find it weirdly uncomfortable. it just doesn't seem appropriate as grown children. Maybe this is because of how I was raised. IDK - it's just odd to me.

I would not like that and I would have a talk with both of them
and just tell them how you feel! Its your daughter too,so
you have that right. Thats just my opinion.

My daughter is okay with this, but then she also was okay when her father's girlfriend said to call her "Mommy".

Suzy

hmm.png

I think that's just wrong, I mean there is a diffrent between the real parents and other ppl, plus my own parent and every one I know never kissed thier kids on the lips. and I will never do it .

Back
Top Bottom