your Reviews?: 1583 Hova-Bator, Circulated Air Picture Window

1: I don't think the link works. Lol

2: The Genesis DOES sound great...but its like $200 w. turner & shipping. A little over what I had in mind. I have a small flock of 10 chickens...most being exotics so they won't lay that much anyway to have to spend so much on an incubator.

I was thinking of a good deal on the 1583s w/ turner for $100 shipped...dun care if its used...as long as everything is in working order
big_smile.png

True: I heard the 1583 is easier to fix in case it breaks but the Genesis...its gonna be a pain because of all the "gadgets"...Hehe

- Tommy

PS: Have everyone who have seen my website sign my guestbook? Please do!
tongue.png

I just checked Cutlers. Its true that its only about $150 taxed but thats without shipping charges. Because the items will be over 4lbs for sure, shipping I think is @ least $30...so I will be looking @ close to $200 anyway
roll.png

lol.png

- Tommy

Well...I am thinking of picking 1602N w/ turner and I will build a fan over the 1588 model...what do you all think? It will save me about $40
big_smile.png

Not much, but thats enough for some good fertile eggs shipped
tongue.png

- Tommy

I don't know if it is just my 1583, but I don't have to adjust it. Once I got it regulated it has held steady. I've hatched 3 batches in a row without having to adjust it at all.
smile.png

I love my 1583 also! I have unplugged it and a week later use it again without having to touch the dial. I have the 1588 warming up now.. I have an over flow of eggs coming in so I went ahead and broke it out, been hiding it from my husband... he is soooo going to kill me. Not to mention the load of eggs I've bought this past week. I so need Hatchers Announimous(sp).
wink.png
But I'm HAPPY!

Lol.

I like the spirit. Bring out the big toys thats so called "Bringer of life".
lol.png

Yeah, I think the 1583 model is great too but after comparing and contrast...isn't the only big bifference between that and the 1602N model is one having the fan and one don't? If I am moding a fan in the 1602N...its practically 1583...or not quite?

Anyone compared the two before?

- Tommy

I have the model without the preset temp. I bought it about 8 years ago from cutler supply with the turner. I used it once a year since then and have had great hatches. Only once did I have the thermostat go wacky and I caught it in time - had to buy a new wafer (cheap). Get the turner.

Great!

I bought the 1602N w/ turner last night via online. Hopefully I can get it sometime next week and start hatching. Using Cutler's supply's description, it says the only difference between 1602N and 1583 is the turbofan and the larger viewing window, that is it.

So I went ahead and go with 1602N and save $45 on the other two I don't need. I made my own turbofan...just ready to attach it to the incubator when I get it now
lol.png

- Tommy

Back
Top Bottom