YUM ALONG PHOTO CONTEST No.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Jeepers...thanks...no pressure here.... :hmm

Nope, none at all
smiley whip.gif

Shoot!

I made a cake for the contest yesterday but didn't catch until today that I needed to take 3 photos of the prep and 3 of the end result. I didn't take enough prep photos.

Just bringing this up so no one else flubs up like I did...read all of the rules 1st! :he

It's ok though...DH and I ended up with a yummy cake and I have another idea for the contest!

To Avoid any confusion,
The rule implemented for prep photos is partially taken from The Yum Mother Thread but also being used to show proof of authenticity. I don't believe anyone would go to Olive Garden and buy their contest entry but.. . On the positive side of that rule. It showcases the ingredients with photos, not words. (It is a photo thread lol) So I'm changing the wording from 3 pics prep, 3 pics presentation to minimum of 3 & 3. AT LEAST 3 of each. The more the merrier. Remember, you are selling your creations to viewers eyes, to turn on their taste buds w/their eyes.

You may use as many photos as you like to sell your creation!
Just a minimum of 3 prep/3 presentation. I find it hard not to share without a zillion pix. That's just me.
I will be posting some dishes during the contest just for fun. This post here will be the style I'll be using.

Last edited:
To Avoid any confusion, I am posting an example entry.
The rule implemented for prep photos is partially taken from The Yum Mother Thread but also being used to show proof of authenticity. I don't believe anyone would go to Olive Garden and buy their contest entry but.. . On the positive side of that rule. It showcases the ingredients with photos, not words. (It is a photo thread lol) So I changing the wording from 3 pics prep, 3 pics presentation to minimum of 3 & 3. AT LEAST 3 of each. The more the merrier. Remember, you are selling your creations to viewers eyes, to turn on their taste buds w/their eyes.

With that said, I am using Some photos from a previous post on the Yum Thread as an example.
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE. NOT AN ENTRY. CONTEST STARTS JAN. 15th.
Example entry:
Over Stuffed Baked Bell Peppers:
Started of with fresh green pepper & yellow onion.
View attachment 1234019 View attachment 1234021
Hollowed out the washed peppers and cooked 4 of them in boiling hot water until semi soft, but not too soft they fall apart. saved one for dicing
View attachment 1234023 View attachment 1234025
Cut into strips then diced 1 uncooked pepper/then the onion.

View attachment 1234028View attachment 1234031View attachment 1234034
View attachment 1234035
Saute in unsalted butter on boiled 1 cup of long grain whit rice. Sea salt/butter/bey leaf. Browned 1.5 lbs ground chuck.
View attachment 1234041 View attachment 1234042 View attachment 1234043
Thawed our some home made Plumb Tomato sauce before hand. Added the beef/rice/sauce into saute pan and heated them all together. I laced the boiled peppers in a deep baking dish and added a little mozzarella cheese in the bottom of the peppers
View attachment 1234048View attachment 1234050 View attachment 1234051
Placed pepper rings on to baked at 350* for 30 mins.

Time to feast! Served with a fresh garden salad of romaine lettuce,match stick carrots and croutons..& a glass of red wine.
View attachment 1234053 View attachment 1234054 View attachment 1234055
Over Stuffed Baked Bell Peppers fit for a king!

EXAMPLE OF AN ENTRY. CONTEST HAS NOT STARTED.
Lol the Pepto Bismol instead of a chic prop..

You may use as many photos as you like to sell your creation!
Just a minimum of 3 prep/3 presentation. I find it hard not to share without a zillion pix. That's just me.
I will be posting some dishes during the contest just for fun. This post here will be the style I'll be using.
Your example suggests to take and post a pic of every step of making the dish. Which changes the competition from a picture contest to a recipe in pictures contest.
Which doesn't matter to me (I still love the idea of this contest!) but I'm afraid 25 step by step pictures each dish could turn into picture spamming :hmm.
Please take this as my constructive input and not as criticism in any way.:)

I find it hard not to share without a zillion pix. That's just me.
Your example suggests to take and post a pic of every step of making the dish. Which changes the competition from a picture contest to a recipe in pictures contest.
That is just MY preference. Kinda what I do on the mother thread. 3 & 3 pics are all that is required. I have a habit of "every picture tells a story" in the majority of my posts.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom