Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

Awesome hockeydad
Ty mini I never expected that many to make it. Last try I had 4 out of 18. Can't wait till later and see how they are doing but it's a big day for me. My son is graduating tonight. He gets to do something I never did. Walk across the stage. I'm so proud of him he's done with school and joined the marines. He leaves for boot camp in September

So I set on the last day of the set period to hatch yesterday but my temperature must have been a bit low. (I usually move eggs from the top to the bottom and vice versa cause I know there's about a 1F difference but I didn't do that this time)
They were supposed to hatchat noon yesterday but there were only 2 out by then. This morning the hatcher is full but several are still hatching 23 hours late.
When I transferred eggs to the hatcher, I candled and moved 7 eggs that I thought were quitters into an egg carton in the incubator, 2 are hatching.
They're really big eggs and there was a lot of clear area near the bottom but apparently they hadn't filled the space.

All together there are 35 eggs in the hatcher. Most are out but I'm not opening it for another 6 hours or so. I had hoped to have them in the brooder by now.

Here are the ones from the bator

8 went to lock down and 8 are out! I had to help 1 that was really badly glued to egg while halfway unzipped but all others hatched on their own even very with saddled air cells.

My Broody only ended up hatching 2 cute little male CL chicks. Unfortunately it looks as though she squashed one :( So she has one cute little male CL chick to tend to. I was really hoping for a pullet or 2 from that pairing of CL eggs *sigh* But I guess one is better than none.

Last edited:
I'm on day 11 and will attempt to at least check the clears tonight. I can't candle worth a flip. I am doing the 2 hr cool down with the top off from day 8 to day 18 per Ron Ott. I had great luck last hatch doing this.

So I set on the last day of the set period to hatch yesterday but my temperature must have been a bit low. (I usually move eggs from the top to the bottom and vice versa cause I know there's about a 1F difference but I didn't do that this time)
They were supposed to hatchat noon yesterday but there were only 2 out by then. This morning the hatcher is full but several are still hatching 23 hours late.
When I transferred eggs to the hatcher, I candled and moved 7 eggs that I thought were quitters into an egg carton in the incubator, 2 are hatching.
They're really big eggs and there was a lot of clear area near the bottom but apparently they hadn't filled the space.

All together there are 35 eggs in the hatcher. Most are out but I'm not opening it for another 6 hours or so. I had hoped to have them in the brooder by now.

Thanks for telling us.... I am sure that I would have done the same....

I got 12 quail.... I have decided to sell them all... And maybe mail order quail later in the year... Or maybe not until next spring... Not sure. I am getting inundated with chicks, and I want to keep the quail cage full of chicks, not quail.

I need a kid to help me feed and water the quail that are still in the brooder.... The silly thins keep trying to hop out... And my brooder is full of chicks... And the quail cage in the coop is full of older chicks... I guess I could clean out the bathtub and move the tiny chicks or quail into the bathtub.... I have another set of egg that are supposed to hatch Sunday.

A LITTLE short on planning.... Huh? Luckily, the set hatching Sunday should all get sold, and the quail are getting sold... I am just waiting to see if the last two quail eggs manage to hatch and be healthy... Not sure yet.... And I kinda need to know how many quail I have before I can sell any.

Back
Top Bottom