Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

ok so I set the eggs on the 6th of May so that would make today day 19 but I think two of the frizzles I have set have pipped and I heard peeping when I checked a bit ago is that ok the temps have been high hear the whole time she was setting but Im just not sure how this is going to work this is the first time she has set while i have had her and the first time I have hatched with a broody

Last edited:
I set mine on May 15. I have candled a few eggs. They seem to be doing well.
I am loving this GQF hova bator 1588. It is rock solid. My test hatch resulted in 43 chicks out of 49.
I set over 60 eggs this time. I need to figure out a way to put dividers in so I can seperate the different breeds

Glad you are happy with the Genesis, bama... cut hardware cloth into 2 strips that're just short of the fan assembly and bend them into an L shape and wire the bends together... makes a fence in a shape like this + and gives your 4 spots for different breeds...

I set mine on May 15. I have candled a few eggs. They seem to be doing well.
I am loving this GQF hova bator 1588. It is rock solid. My test hatch resulted in 43 chicks out of 49.
I set over 60 eggs this time. I need to figure out a way to put dividers in so I can seperate the different breeds
I set mine on the 15th as well but then have been adding a couple of Legbar eggs every day till the 23rd. Trying to isolate the hen responsible for the white gene. Hopefully there are enough eggs to have a negative confirmation as well as positive.

BTW do you breed Olive Eggers? If yes, I have some questions I can PM you.

I set mine on the 15th as well but then have been adding a couple of Legbar eggs every day till the 23rd. Trying to isolate the hen responsible for the white gene. Hopefully there are enough eggs to have a negative confirmation as well as positive.

BTW do you breed Olive Eggers? If yes, I have some questions I can PM you.

I have bred Marans x CL. I didnt keep any chicks though. I have those OE's that you shipped me in the bator.
Sure u may pm me.

Ok so it has been three hours sense I saw the pip and nothing has happened is this normal there was still a lot of space when I checked them this morning but I just don't know what to do. I don't have an incubator but I could put a damp wash cloth under my broody to add humidity, have any of you had to do this? It hasn't rained in 4 weeks here and I didn't know if that might have something to do with it or not. THIS IS SO STRESS FULL. I may be able to take pics of the eggs to show what I mean the pips and them under a light.

Ok so it has been three hours sense I saw the pip and nothing has happened is this normal there was still a lot of space when I checked them this morning but I just don't know what to do. I don't have an incubator but I could put a damp wash cloth under my broody to add humidity, have any of you had to do this? It hasn't rained in 4 weeks here and I didn't know if that might have something to do with it or not. THIS IS SO STRESS FULL. I may be able to take pics of the eggs to show what I mean the pips and them under a light.

If they're under a broody your best bet is to let her hatch them. Try not to worry about it. The more you disturb her the more likely she'll leave them to soon, but this is just my opinion ;) best of luck =)

Give it time. I'm not sure about maximum amount of hours from pipping to zipping, but I believe the chick needs to get used to air and breathing. The mama is fine as well - no need to put any wet washcloths under her.

Last edited:
If they're under a broody your best bet is to let her hatch them. Try not to worry about it. The more you disturb her the more likely she'll leave them to soon, but this is just my opinion
wink.png
best of luck =)

Give it time. I'm not sure about maximum about of hours from pipping to zipping, but I believe the chick needs to get used to air and breathing. The mama is fine as well - no need to put any wet washcloths under her.
they are only on day 19 i think thats why Im so worried

Back
Top Bottom