Any Home Bakers Here?

Morning Sunflour, thank you! It has no eggs or dairy...I believe it was called a depression cake a few years back. I should have done one using eggs as i have a nice supply but this cake turns out great for me.

If you get a chance, could you share the recipe?

If you get a chance, could you share the recipe?

I will
1f60a.png
Only part thats totally dairy and egg free is the cake...frosting and filling are a different story...have a great day!

Morning Sunflour, thank you! It has no eggs or dairy...I believe it was called a depression cake a few years back. I should have done one using eggs as i have a nice supply but this cake turns out great for me.

Thank you, sounds like a winner for those of us with older hens, and no fresh eggs
smile.png

Please do post your recipe, I would rather try yours than a googled unknown.

Thank you,  sounds like a winner for those of us with older hens, and no fresh eggs :)

Please do post your recipe, I would rather try yours than a googled unknown.

When i make the cake i dont use the fussy directions...i mix the dry together and the wet together then add the wet to the dry...i think the idea is to save extra dishes?? Do not over stir...just until combined. For the filling I combined dry ingredients then poured the milk in and stirred quickly so there were no lumps then added butter and brought it to a boil...boil 1 minute. I put the filling on warm cake...the cake and filling are still warm when i put the frosting on. The frosting is kind of runny but thickens as it cools...don't boil more then 2 minutes. I let it sit for a few minutes and stir periodically ...it will be like a soft fudge on your cake when the whole thing cools.

We have an ''Orange'' tree that some friends gave us when they moved to Colorado. It produces oranges the size of a baby's fist and they do turn orange, then fall off. They are sour enough to turn your mouth inside out. The blossoms are so sweet smelling! We are not in a very good climate for oranges either.

Back
Top Bottom