Dominique Thread!

M
I know theyre still young (around a month old) i have 10 babies like this ones the place where i got them sold them to me as all females but i start thinking that probably at least 2 of them are roosters, noticed the combo in the chick to the left is a bit more redish, thicker and longer, but they both still have black in thelegs which i know is comun in the hens, somebody with a good eye can can tell if is a roost one of this chicks or both pullets?
[/quote

They both look like pullets to me. The roosters are lighter with wider white on the wings.

Do this chcks look dominiques to you guys? I i pick 4 of them from chicken galore here in Cali., i got them as a package/deal this place has, buy 5 get 1 free, i have other dominiques but theyre a bit older, what i noticed about this ones is, that the yellow in the legs and beaks is almost gone, something that it never happens with the older ones, and at this point i dont even know what to think about the combs do they look like rose or single? The yellow in the legs and beaks is gonna return or some dominiques can have white/pink legs and beaks?

I have a chick who is couple weeks old and it's feathers look to be black. I have hen and rooster and have chicks out of them before and none look like this

These are my two Dominique chicks. The one in front I was not sure until finally it started showing barring. The two grey and the other black with black feet are orpingtons.

The one with more light feathers on its head had the white in the feathers immediately. They are all suppose to be pullets so hopefully they are but I don't have to rehome if male I have a lot of room.

I am feeding them wet fermented food and they seem to be doing really well. Someone mentioned in reading back further in the posts that when the barring on the wings is further apart they might be roosters.

I am just excited about them. They kind of freak out when I clean the brooders, check them for pasty butt and refresh their food and water. I was hoping they would be more friendly. I have not started feeding them treats or anything. When they get a little bigger I can start spoiling them with treats. They are from a hatchery but I would like next spring to get some show quality or some eggs from a breeder.

They are growing up so fast!

Caroline

I know several people on here have Dominiques--So hopefully, they will have lots of pictures and information to share!

Does anyone know the proper way to say "Dominique"?
I have heard pronounced Dom Min Necker, Dom Min Neek and Dom min neck. Please correct me if I am wrong but Dominique is a french rooted word so I believe it would be pronounced Dom min neek.

But what do I know, Ich spreche Deutch sehr schrechlich. rather than parle vu-ing Frances. I learned a little french from my grandpa Buck who was a bronco busting rodeo man, who went to Paris, with his horse, to do some trick riding and spoke French with a Texas accent. (No wonder they Hate Americans)

My neighbor calls them Domineckers and for the longest time I was not sure what she was talking about but I think it is cute. My Grandma called them Doms but then her name was Darlene and we called her Dar.

Caroline

Back
Top Bottom