Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Education is supposed to help you succeed in life. If it doesn't do that, then yes, they do owe you something.

Me: "Hey school system how do I cook, do taxes, and look for housing that I can afford and make my way in life?"
School: "And now we will study the water cycle for the ninth year in a row"
Me: "Thanks..."

No, actually we do study the water cycle every year.

Also, I know at least five people suffering from depression (among a variety of stress-related mental illnesses) in my friend group alone.

It is not the school's job to teach you how to cook. Ask your mom. Just because you feel entitled does not mean you are in fact owed something by anyone. Your education is a PRIVILAGE and you should be grateful because you live in a country where you are allowed to get it for free. If anything you OWE the state for providing you a critical and important service that you take for granted.

Quote:
I never said they did, I actually said it was nothing that couldn't be handled.As a matter of fact I'm grateful to the majority of my High School teachers. I just pointed out that you were comparing apples to oranges with the boss comment. I accepted what I had to do and did it, I was even #11 in my graduating class. The problem is that not everyone can handle the course load. I had friends who could barely pass even when they spent hours a day trying to study and doing homework. Education isn't what it used to be, the few teachers who don't teach test material and actually teach are the ones that are the best.

We are off topic, but i will chime in. I can't stand it when adults tell kids how great they have it. I do remember being a teen, it sucks. I for one will tell any teen, yes life stays hard, but what you are going through is real and sucky you have every right to dislike it. And any adult that looks back and wishes they were a teen again is doing it wrong.

Quote:
I never said you said that, I was referring to allosaurusrock. The difference between teachers and bosses are pretty clear. Neither one owes you anything and just like everything in life, it isn't easy. Anyone who has a problem with it being hard is not going to do well in the real world once all of the handouts and free stuff that you get as a kid ceases.

We are off topic, but i will chime in. I can't stand it when adults tell kids how great they have it. I do remember being a teen, it sucks. I for one will tell any teen, yes life stays hard, but what you are going through is real and sucky you have every right to dislike it. And any adult that looks back and wishes they were a teen again is doing it wrong.
I don't want to be a teen again but I do want to be able to sleep in until like 2pm like teens often do.... it's like a nap that never ends
lau.gif

but seriously though.... I get it school isn't the same that it used to be... I see my nieces and nephews getting homework in grade school... it's bad... but don't be in too much of a rush to grow up. Paying a mortgage, car payments, insurance, raising a family etc etc etc isn't fun... There is a level of responsibility for any age group and yes high school you have a lot... I get it... but you complaining to your parents and teachers and principal and what not... I'm sure they all shrug and roll their eyes.. because we have been there in one way or another... sometimes you just have to understand that life is hard, you have to do a good job and take responsibility by the horns and own it. Hours of homework yeah I'm sure it's tough but you could be in a worse predicament.

Back
Top Bottom