Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Both of my parents own small businesses. Yes, I know they work late, but they don't have to do it for weeks on end.

Either way, I didn't mean this to be an argument.

I think we all agree that we all think we have it the suckiest, even if there are starving people not a few blocks from your house.

I know a lot of people that try to be positive too actually but it doesn't always work that way.

Anyway, I never got why it turned into an argument anyway. You said nothing wrong and the work load IS ridiculous.

And even if it wasn't, just because others have it worse or life is still hard after high school doesn't negate what was said or mean that you can't feel something is hard...

That's like telling someone with a broken bone or family problem or something they can't be upset because someone else has cancer or someone's family member just died or there's starving kids in Africa. Just because someone else has it worse does not mean someone's problem isn't important. That broken bone or personal/family problem is still shitty and sucks just as much. And you are allowed to acknowledge your problem and that it sucks while still acknowledging others have it worse. They are not mutually exclusive. And it doesn't make you selfish or ungrateful/unappreciative for stating how much something sucks. And back to the HS thing, you can say the work load is ridiculous (which it IS) and still appreciate the free education and/or be aware some people don't have access to it. They, again, are not mutually exclusive and you don't know the person so how are you to judge them and say how they feel? You read one statement... and there will ALWAYS be someone who has it better or worse or has more or less money, etc. That does NOT mean your problem is invalid or that it doesn't suck. And telling someone that is really unfair and not helpful. Also, to make it more extreme, you're not allowed to be happy, even at seemingly stupid little things, because someone else is happier than you? You're not really poor or poverty doesn't suck because poverty in other countries is worse? This whole argument is really quite ridiculous and never should have been an argument in the first place.

Here is a pic of me and my BO roo

Quote: I know dozens of home schooled kids. They stand head and shoulders academically above their same age peers who attend public school. And, from my observation, those home schooled kids also excel in the way they handle themselves in all social situations including peer interactions and multi age interactions. I honestly don't know how the stereotype of home school kids lacking social skills got started. Many home schooled kids in my area do all of their academic work at home, or they may attend high school for a course or two that would be difficult to complete at home, like a chemistry class with labs, and they participate in school sports.

Now, back to chicken stuff. I was transporting my chicks out to their grow out coop today. Jack the roo was out ranging with his girls, and he saw me carrying this box full of peepers. He came rushing over, and immediately started clucking and picking up tidbits to feed to his chicks!

Last edited:
Twice in two days, I have been asked for a free dozen eggs. Last week, someone offered to take them off my hands because I "must have so many". This isn't because they can't pay the $2 a dozen, but because they don't want to. Even though I do gift eggs, to assume they are up for grabs for free annoys me. I work hard! And no matter how many I have, there is always some way to use them here. I don't even have to have cash, I trade for seedlings, or, produce, or, well, anything useful to me, really. Just, no freebies.

Also:
Passerby today insisted that my silkie is not! could not! be a chicken, but rather some other type of bird, maybe related to a cockatoo or something. And also, from the same person, shock when I told him that the ducks lay eggs.

On homeschooling, I have kids that are homeschooled, and allowed to be as weird as they wanna be, allowed to learn whatever they're inspired to learn, and aren't rushed in subjects they have trouble with or held back when something comes naturally to them.

Twice in two days, I have been asked for a free dozen eggs. Last week, someone offered to take them off my hands because I "must have so many". This isn't because they can't pay the $2 a dozen, but because they don't want to. Even though I do gift eggs, to assume they are up for grabs for free annoys me. I work hard! And no matter how many I have, there is always some way to use them here. I don't even have to have cash, I trade for seedlings, or, produce, or, well, anything useful to me, really. Just, no freebies.

Also:
Passerby today insisted that my silkie is not! could not! be a chicken, but rather some other type of bird, maybe related to a cockatoo or something. And also, from the same person, shock when I told him that the ducks lay eggs.

On homeschooling, I have kids that are homeschooled, and allowed to be as weird as they wanna be, allowed to learn whatever they're inspired to learn, and aren't rushed in subjects they have trouble with or held back when something comes naturally to them.
lau.gif
Tell them "Why yes, close cousin to the cockatoo, but they taste just like chicken!"
lau.gif

Grrrr, I'd be annoyed to get people expecting free eggs too. I give free eggs to my mom and the neighbors who we share a driveway with because they always have to dodge my chickens. That's it. Well, my sister when she visits, but she lives out of town so it's not like I see her often. I try to send her home with like 3 dozen!

Back
Top Bottom