Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

It's a wonderful school district. Elementary kids get 2 recesses, gym, and music class daily.
Sports teams count as P.E. credits. The high school still has home ec., automotive, and wood shop classes.
For such small schools, they really try to offer the most well rounded education possible. The focus isn't all on the state testing scores.

It's a wonderful school district. Elementary kids get 2 recesses, gym, and music class daily. 
Sports teams count as P.E. credits. The high school still has home ec., automotive, and wood shop classes.
For such small schools, they really try to offer the most well rounded education possible. The focus isn't all on the state testing scores.

Wow that really does sound like a great school!

What state are you in again?

Our school is largely about sports and music :/

That's all fine and they've gotten toms of awards but if you don't do that you're kinda stuck lol they did have a lot of other good things though

Wow that really does sound like a great school!

What state are you in again?

Our school is largely about sports and music
hmm.png

That's all fine and they've gotten toms of awards but if you don't do that you're kinda stuck lol they did have a lot of other good things though
Washington.

1 to 2 hours of homework, per subject. Then you're supposed to have extra curriculars and hold a part time job. And that was 15 years ago. The problem is, the teachers don't communicate about what is being assigned in each class, so students can end up with ridiculous homework loads. The teacher thinks, "Oh, it's just a few pages of equations/few chapters of reading/writing assignment..." But when every teacher in the school is thinking like that, it adds up.
Part of the reason I love the school district that my kids are enrolled in. Minimal homework, consisting of whatever class work didn't get finished during the school day. Even big projects are expected to be done on school time, not as extra homework.

That's ridiculous. The parents need to get together and have a chat with the principal or superintendent. I've never heard of that much homework ... EVER! What are they trying to prove? Back in the dark ages, I went to an all girls Catholic high school in upstate NY, and typically had 3-3.5 hours of homework per night, which was considered fairly extreme. What if there are extra curricular activities like music or sports? Nah, the parents need to make a fuss.

That's ridiculous. The parents need to get together and have a chat with the principal or superintendent. I've never heard of that much homework ... EVER! What are they trying to prove? Back in the dark ages, I went to an all girls Catholic high school in upstate NY, and typically had 3-3.5 hours of homework per night, which was considered fairly extreme. What if there are extra curricular activities like music or sports? Nah, the parents need to make a fuss.

I think the problem is a lot of it comes down from CORE and stuff; they have sooo much to learn that they're learning more earlier and also getting ridiculous homework loads to try to meet all the requirements and/or get good test scores

Back
Top Bottom