Frizzle thread

Pics
I have a question regarding breeding frizzles. Is it possible to breed a frizzle hen with a bantam roo, or the other way around, bantam hen with a frizzle roo?

Do you mean breeding bantam and standard sized birds together? If so, yes. But I'd recommend the roo be the bantam sized bird if you go that route. Seeing a tiny hen squished under a huge rooster isn't a pretty sight, and I'd imagine its quite unpleasant for the poor hen. I have several bantam roosters in my LF pen, they don't have any issues mating the bigger hens.
It doesn't matter who is the frizzled one, but there are some things that should be considered with birds of different sizes :)

I'm sorry I know that this is an old post but I saw this and almost died. It may be the cutest/funniest little guy i have ever seen. I may now go into a state of depression (not really) i can t have frizzles!!! My dad says that they would get full of mud and catch a chill in the winter
1f62d.png

Tee hee CrazyChickLady7

Sadly, as much as I lived in denial for as long as I could, they both turned out to be boys and we live in a no rooster zone
sad.png

These were their last pictures before they moved into their new homes and yeah, George (who started out as Gloria) just kept getting cuter as he matured; he was one funny looking chicken
lau.gif
:

As per my recent photos, I still have two Frizzles and while they turn into 'Drooples' when wet
wink.png
I have never had an issue with dirty feathers. We live just sub tropical so while getting a chill is probably never going to be an issue, we do experience torrential rain and in the past couple of years, multiple floods. In my experience, like all chickens, Frizzles can get dirty but clean up just as quickly as the smooths.

I love my Frizzles, they are the clowns of the flock; they bounce around the place, full of the joys of Spring and nothing seems to phase them ... I swear they have a permanent smile on their beaks
wink.png

I bought three eggs for my broody hen. 2 blue and one green. The green egg chick is a white frizzle chick from an easteregger hen. The blues are easteregger and a crested Swedish mix but not frizzle so their pics are not featured here. Cute chicks all three though.

Frizzle from day one to 4 weeks old
[/IMG][/IMG]

I agree, the frizzle feathers are so dressy looking. My first frizzle was a boy and he was so pretty in his black dress and white pettycoat that I swore he was a "she" for the longest time. I even refused to face the facts when he started crowing.

But eventually I had to accept it and he turned out to be the best pet roo. I dont think any dog could have been more loyal a pet.

Back
Top Bottom