Great Pyrenees Puppy Thread!

UPDATE
the puppy died she had seizures and went into a coma all night and died this morning.
another puppy died too she had worse seizures and i think both puppies had fading puppy syndrome the others are fine

this isn't fading puppy syndrome. there are no seizures in that as a general rule. The puppies simple "fade" slowly and die with no apparent cause.
Seizures in 2 puppies that young that result in death says "toxin" to me. Get mom and the remaining pups to the vet ASAP.
I would also have a necropsy done on the 2 pups to try to determine cause of death.

and if something genetic is the cause then you need to contact every owner of every puppy you have ever sold from this ***** and let them know.

And you did not seek proper veterinary care when the puppy had the first seizure...why? You just let her sit there all night with no intervention? Did you take her to that vet appointment you said you made, or skip it because she appeared to be recovering?

If you are unwilling to seek medical intervention when it is nessasary, you need to stop and evalulate what you are doing. Breeding is a responsibility you are likely not ready for, especially if none of the animals being bred have any health testing done whatsoever.

We took her to the vet and he said take her home and keep stimulating so i did
she was on her deathbed anyway
and our dogs are healthy not sick

I would consult the vet again with this new information. Seizuring puppies should be checked out. Since you just saw the doctor, they should be willing to talk to you about it over the phone, but they may want to see the mom and puppies again to be sure everything else is ok. I would probably want blood work on mom as a bare minimum.

Dogs can appear healthy on the outside but have things going on inside that you cannot see. On large breed dogs, it is good to have hips, elbows, and eyes checked as the minimum.

there are so many things that dogs can be carriers for that you don't realize until you breed them together and the puppies get sick.

now you say "she was on her deathbed anyway" but your earlier post said that she was 100% doing great. so which was it?

2 puppies in a litter having seizures and dying is NOT a sign of a healthy litter. either there is something in the environment making them sick or there is something genetically wrong

Please, before you decide to breed again, get your dog checked out. New crazes and fads totally destroy vets' reputations, not all vets should be grouped together. They are most probably much more experienced with dogs than you are, no offense intended, and they can keep your dogs from dying when possible. They have access to medicines you don't, and information that you don't. Please let your animals have the proper care they deserve. Dying puppies are very hard to save at home unless you are either a skilled veterinarian or an experienced breeder who breeds dogs as a job or serious hobby. Please consider this before breeding new your dogs again.

Last edited:
UPDATE!!!
The puppy is doing so much better and is on her way to a full recovery she is eating and grunting again she has more life in her now

thanks for all you info

there are so many things that dogs can be carriers for that you don't realize until you breed them together and the puppies get sick.

now you say "she was on her deathbed anyway" but your earlier post said that she was 100% doing great. so which was it?

2 puppies in a litter having seizures and dying is NOT a sign of a healthy litter. either there is something in the environment making them sick or there is something genetically wrong

I am quoting Dainerra for effect. A puppy cannot both be "so much better" and "on her deathbed" at the exact same time. You have some serious problems going on. First, all dogs need a thorough examination and testing, including the sire. Then, before you ever even think of breeding again, let alone actually doing it, you need to educate yourself on dog breeding. Breeding is not about how much money can line your pocket (which is why you were so concerned about the female puppy's survival, because you had an interested buyer), but how to bring better, healthier animals into this world.

I don't really want to talk about this anymore we r not going to breed again I am thinking about getting her fixed we now live in a neighborhood with other dogs and I only want purebreds
The mom has had mange but is completely healed now one of her puppies from her 292nd litter had mange and she didn't go into gear for 2 yrs the vet said she needed to be healthy so we healed her up and she looks so much better. But thanks for your answers. When I said that the puppy was 100% than she was on her deathbed. I meant to say that she was fine in the morning and ate for 1 hr than by lunch time she went downhill and wouldn't eat. She died that night plz I don't want to talk about this anymore THANKYOU

If two had seizures the whole litter has a possibility of getting them in the future...i bought a cocker puppy 4 years ago healthy as can be turned two started getting seizures in october she had a spine stroke and was paralyized. She was put down. Id be ****** if i bought a puppy that its siblings died from siezures and wasnt told my puppy could possibly get them...sounds like you just want money from selling puppies. If your dog had them in a garage sounds like you really care about her or her puppies....

If two had seizures the whole litter has a possibility of getting them in the future...i bought a cocker puppy 4 years ago healthy as can be turned two started getting seizures in october she had a spine stroke and was paralyized. She was put down. Id be ****** if i bought a puppy that its siblings died from siezures and wasnt told my puppy could possibly get them...sounds like you just want money from selling puppies. If your dog had them in a garage sounds like you really care about her or her puppies....

no we care so much about are dogs Sasha is the mom and my favorite dog in the whole world she had one puppy under a crawl space and the rest on our porch under surveillance 24/7 for the first week. I care that these pups go to homes where they will be LGD'S and not a house pet. we now give the puppies baths every 2 days and they are growing strong they just now opened their eyes

When you don't know something about your animals, or something is wrong with the animal, CALL A VET. If you care about them so much, that should have been the first thing you had done, instead of asking strangers online for help. Be smart, and trust people that take care of animals for a living, not a hobby. We breed dogs, and if something goes wrong, I CALL A VET. That's what you needed to do from the start.

Back
Top Bottom