Great Pyrenees Puppy Thread!

Alright, the OP says they learned their lesson. I truly hope they did. Anyway, please, please, please, get your b/itch fixed as to avoid further problems. If you are planning on selling these puppies, please wait until they are fully grown and healthy, they already seem weak and sick. Do not bathe them more than once a week, if you must bathe them at all. Remember, the mother dog licks them to keep them clean. You can use special flea/tick medicine to treat your dogs, bathing will not help unless you completely submerge the dog for much too long for the dog to survive. Remember, an unsteady stream of water will not kill off fleas and other parasites, and fleas can leap too. Get your house cleaned for fleas, get an appointment with a vet to check out your dog and puppies and get the b/itch spayed as soon as possible, and treat your dogs for potential parasites and diseases before they all die because of your hesitation. Thank you for listening and good luck.

Last edited:
Sounds like the mama had too many litters in a row, with no chance to really recover. I used to breed and show dogs and the vet was our second home. Sometimes a mother can have toxic milk from some infection you don't know about, or other problems lurking beneath the surface.

I will not say anything more because everyone else seems to have echoed my sentiments.

If you are having trouble with fleas, I would consult the vet because there are certainly flea treatments and preventatives safe for pregnant/nursing dogs. They will have more information about them and will also be happy to sell you the treatment that you need. As long as the mom has fleas, the babies will keep getting them.

Also remember that if your dog had demodetic mange, while it is not contagious, a high load can be passed onto puppies from mom. Demodetic mites are normal on all dogs, but not normal in high numbers, which is when you get disease. There is definitely a correlation between mother dog having the disease and puppies getting it as well. It seems like you may have gotten that taken care of though, in which case this is purely FYI.

how is giving a puppy a bath every 2 days bad the fleas were biting them and making them bleed cause the mom brought the fleas
so they dont have as much fleas
bathing them isn't going to solve that problem. you need to get rid of the fleas and that means treating mom ASAP and the environment. Bathing the pups every 2 days is jsut oging to make skin issues worse and isn't going to stop them from getting fleas!

How adorable.....I want one...
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png

You do not have to take the mother and the whole litter to the vet, I have along with my late mother bred dogs just fine.

Try giving the puppy some vitamin d, C, and b12 in the water mixed with a tad bit of honey if this does not work asap take the puppy to the vet.

You do not have to take the mother and the whole litter to the vet, I have along with my late mother bred dogs just fine.

Try giving the puppy some vitamin d, C, and b12 in the water mixed with a tad bit of honey if this does not work asap take the puppy to the vet.

Honey should not be given to neonatal or young animals. It contains a level of botulism that can be tolerated by adults but not infants with immature immune systems. This is the same reason you should not give honey to human infants.

Additionally, vitamin D in an animal that does not need it can cause a host of calcium regulation issues, all of which would play havoc on a developing animal. If a puppy or litter is sick, one should not play around with home remedies and should take the animal to the vet sooner rather than later IMO.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom