Great Pyrenees Puppy Thread!

Honey should not be given to neonatal or young animals. It contains a level of botulism that can be tolerated by adults but not infants with immature immune systems. This is the same reason you should not give honey to human infants.

Additionally, vitamin D in an animal that does not need it can cause a host of calcium regulation issues, all of which would play havoc on a developing animal. If a puppy or litter is sick, one should not play around with home remedies and should take the animal to the vet sooner rather than later IMO.

I've given this to many animals countless times and it has worked for me, some people just cannot afford to go to the vet, also vets don't always work I know from personal experience.

In fact I've saved lives before by giving them a mix of vitamins, vitamins are natural it would take a ton to even remotely come close to toxic levels, in fact I myself take mega doses daily.

Last edited:
I've given this to many animals countless times and it has worked for me, some people just cannot afford to go to the vet, also vets don't always work I know from personal experience.

In fact I've saved lives before by giving them a mix of vitamins, vitamins are natural it would take a ton to even remotely come close to toxic levels, in fact I myself take mega doses daily.

If a person cannot afford vet care for their animals, they should probably reconsider things like breeding. Sure, people fall on hard times and there is aid out there for that (care credit, patient assistance funds, etc) but I urge people to rethink owning pets if struggling to pay for proper care in emergencies is consistently a problem. Not to mention the number of things that can go wrong during animal parturition (the birthing process).

Your information about vitamins is just not correct. While it can take quite a bit to overdose on a water soluble vitamin, vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat soluble and can be very easily overdosed in healthy animals. Considering vitamin D's intrinsic role in calcium homeostasis, it is not something I would suggest using in a puppy (or any animal) before having blood checked. This also includes humans!

Quote:

Alas, you could post Level I evidence based medical research to back your information, even multiple studies, and people will still not listen to you. They are set in their own, harmful ways, which results in their animals receiving subpar care.

Last edited:
If a person cannot afford vet care for their animals, they should probably reconsider things like breeding. Sure, people fall on hard times and there is aid out there for that (care credit, patient assistance funds, etc) but I urge people to rethink owning pets if struggling to pay for proper care in emergencies is consistently a problem. Not to mention the number of things that can go wrong during animal parturition (the birthing process).

Your information about vitamins is just not correct. While it can take quite a bit to overdose on a water soluble vitamin, vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat soluble and can be very easily overdosed in healthy animals. Considering vitamin D's intrinsic role in calcium homeostasis, it is not something I would suggest using in a puppy (or any animal) before having blood checked. This also includes humans!

If you noticed most threads stated by the op have to do with a sick animal yet they wont take any to a vet... If they can't afford it they Should downsize.

If you noticed most threads stated by the op have to do with a sick animal yet they wont take any to a vet... If they can't afford it they Should downsize.

That is an understatement. When nearly all the threads a person makes is about sick animals, there is something severely wrong with the care they are receiving.

Wear her over your heart. Even if she's just coming into the clear. I've seen parents wear these wraps (like a "happy baby wrap"?) where you can hold her effortlessly as you go about all you do. She'll have her soft, silky ears against your heart and feel your breath beneath her own. It's good medicine. Pups are so social. A whelping box can be insular. But carrying her in a wrap, she'll even be able to feel the vibration of your words to her. I'm not knocking all vets (I've met both kinds), but you can give so much life to her just through touch.

BF Skinner did a vicious experiment some...oh, I don't know 50, 60 yrs ago. He separated baby monkeys from their moms and gave some just cold, metal, cylinder-shaped objects to clutch to and others had their cylinder shapes wrapped with a deep, fuzzy, fur-like material. The second group thrived (although I'd imagine monkeys w/ their own moms did best still.)

Hospitals have volunteers that do *nothing* but rock, talk to and maintain skin-to-skin contact w/ n.i.c.u. babies...and they thrive.

She's a baby. Furrier than the human variety, but always infinitely more devoted and grateful.

May she only improve by the minute until, one morning, she wakes you up by licking your face almost too much! <3

(P.S. I know she's almost a month old, none the less, keep her close to your heart.)

Wear her over your heart.  Even if she's just coming into the clear.  I've seen parents wear these wraps (like a "happy baby wrap"?) where you can hold her effortlessly as you go about all you do.  She'll have her soft, silky ears against your heart and feel your breath beneath her own.  It's good medicine.  Pups are so social.  A whelping box can be insular.  But carrying her in a wrap, she'll even be able to feel the vibration of your words to her.  I'm not knocking all vets (I've met both kinds), but you can give so much life to her just through touch.

BF Skinner did a vicious experiment some...oh, I don't know 50, 60 yrs ago.  He separated baby monkeys from their moms and gave some just cold, metal, cylinder-shaped objects to clutch to and others had their cylinder shapes wrapped with a deep, fuzzy, fur-like material.  The second group thrived (although I'd imagine monkeys w/ their own moms did best still.)

Hospitals have volunteers that do *nothing* but rock, talk to and maintain skin-to-skin contact w/ n.i.c.u. babies...and they thrive.

She's a baby.  Furrier than the human variety, but always infinitely more devoted and grateful.

May she only improve by the minute until, one morning, she wakes you up by licking your face almost too much! <3

(P.S.  I know she's almost a month old, none the less, keep her close to your heart.)
Thank you that is very comforting but the puppy and her sister died 3 weeks ago I posted that earlier we did hold her all the time even at night when eating and stimulated her and held her so she died happy

That is an understatement. When nearly all the threads a person makes is about sick animals, there is something severely wrong with the care they are receiving.

You mean lack of care they are recieveing. They sound like animal hoarders they just want animals and dont care about their well being.

Back
Top Bottom