I have to talk POLISH!

Any ide on sex of this one? I just love her, hoping it's a she and not a he. 8 weeks old.

I'm posting here because I also have a love for the Polish breed. I ordered eight of these lovely birds due to arrive the week of 5/22/17! I'll be posting pictures and updates as soon as they arrive! c:

3 Buff Laced
2 White Crested Black
2 Golden Laced
1 Silver Laced

I have these breeds coming as well!
[4 Houdan]
[3 Sultan]

IMG_5246.JPG
Any ide on sex of this one? I just love her, hoping it's a she and not a he. 8 weeks old.
Just an update of anyone is interested, this guy did turn out to be a cockerel. So bummed out, I had no idea how sweet a chicken could be. He just loves cuddling up and taking naps in my lap. It's going to be so hard seeing him go. :(

Hi! I just recently got my first Polish chickens. I have a bunch of other chickens (43 total) but these are my first ornamental chickens. I can't stand how cute they are. The breeder said they are a more fragile breed, is this true? Are they more prone to health issues than other breeds?

Mine are hardy. Ice in crests in the winter can be a problem. I think it depends on the strain. Mine are White Crested - my females are all descended from "hatchery" birds, and my roosters came out of show lines.
Hi! I just recently got my first Polish chickens. I have a bunch of other chickens (43 total) but these are my first ornamental chickens. I can't stand how cute they are. The breeder said they are a more fragile breed, is this true? Are they more prone to health issues than other breeds?

Back
Top Bottom