I have to talk POLISH!

IMG_2127.JPG
I was wondering if someone
IMG_2127.JPG
IMG_2128.JPG
IMG_2131.JPG
could help me sex this silver laced polish? Roughly 7 weeks old. I've had a couple different answers. A solid conclusion would be great. Thanks for any help.

Some questions about poliah, since in getting one tomorrow and in not completely inturned with the breed.

I heard that polish hens were small and docile and get picked on the moat by hens of other breeds, what about roosters?

Are the submissive like the hens, or are they more dominant/agressive?

Thanks for your reply! I have 3 that are white crested. No worry of ice on heads as I am in Phoenix, AZ. Hoping they are hardy.

We have soaring temperatures (in the 100s) as a matter of course in southeastern Washington, and I find that Polish are very heat hardy. It's one of the reasons that I changed over most of my flock to Polish.

I almost had a heart-attack when i saw this thread. I love this breed and have had them all my life. I remember running off when we visited my father's parents mostly because they had a silver laced polish named *Queeny* Since she was top hen and was always spoiled. Ever since then i'v had polishes. At the moment i only have three. A mix and two White crested black polishes. Beautiful breed. We also had two rooster (Same breed) Who we oh so gorgeous! I
ll try and get pics of them sometime.

I almost had a heart-attack when i saw this thread. I love this breed and have had them all my life. I remember running off when we visited my father's parents mostly because they had a silver laced polish named *Queeny* Since she was top hen and was always spoiled. Ever since then i'v had polishes. At the moment i only have three. A mix and two White crested black polishes. Beautiful breed. We also had two rooster (Same breed) Who we oh so gorgeous! I
ll try and get pics of them sometime.

Our favorite gal is Priscilla, also a silver-laced. At 3 years old, she's more like an eccentric aunt than a chicken, and she's responsible for introducing us to this breed. She comes when we call her name, no matter where she is.

Attachments

• Priscilla and her 3 chicks.jpg
    Priscilla and her 3 chicks.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • Priscilla July 22 2017.jpg
    Priscilla July 22 2017.jpg
    951.5 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom