My leukemia's back.

Yes, Happy Tuesday to all!!!! :D

DH is going to AA meetings and Overcoming Adversity meetings. He did ask me to come. I declined. Don't judge me off that. I have went with him before (years ago) and he is all show. That one was a 12 step program. At the 4th step, he decided he was better and quit. There has been a lot of stress in our household. Years. It's taken a toll on DD too. I know in the end, it will all get better. I have chosen to give him tough love. Or maybe I didn't choose. Maybe my heart is so hardened, that's all I've got.

I'm doing good though and hope you all are too. Getting ready for work. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers. :D

Good morning, all. Outpost, tough love does no indicate a hard heart.
hugs.gif

Outpost: PM sent. Tough love is what's needed right now. Whether you chose it, or simply b/c that's all you have left right now, it's what's needed. He has a lot of work to do, and he has to prove himself. Time and prayer. Hugs to you.

You can only do so much.

Nothing at all wrong with him putting in a LOT of time. I'm not there, of course, but it sounds like he's wanting forgiveness, etc pretty fast. So he's been going for, what a week or so? And now everything's supposed to be sunshine and roses? I don't think so.........don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest advocate for making a marriage work. But I also know nothing happens overnight, especially in cases like this. Let him keep working at it. I'm not saying that in a "play games with him" spirit, but in more of a tough love, and take care of yourself spirit. You know we're all praying for your family.

the sellers of our house missed the response deadline last night. We were told because it's an estate things may move slower. Grrrrr...But, I do have a showing this afternoon, so maybe another offer? We'll see.

Went back to the lung Dr today just for a spirometery/breathing test. they'll call me tonight with results and what to do with the prednisone. I want to cut back, today at lunch by blood sugar was 307!

You can only do so much.

Nothing at all wrong with him putting in a LOT of time. I'm not there, of course, but it sounds like he's wanting forgiveness, etc pretty fast. So he's been going for, what a week or so? And now everything's supposed to be sunshine and roses? I don't think so.........don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest advocate for making a marriage work. But I also know nothing happens overnight, especially in cases like this. Let him keep working at it. I'm not saying that in a "play games with him" spirit, but in more of a tough love, and take care of yourself spirit. You know we're all praying for your family.

the sellers of our house missed the response deadline last night. We were told because it's an estate things may move slower. Grrrrr...But, I do have a showing this afternoon, so maybe another offer? We'll see.

Went back to the lung Dr today just for a spirometery/breathing test. they'll call me tonight with results and what to do with the prednisone. I want to cut back, today at lunch by blood sugar was 307!

So well said, donrae - and spot on. @Outpost JWB your decisions in this need to come at your pace, not his. His work is what he gets to dictate, not your response(s) -- he needs to consider how much time has gone into the damage being done - and that has been far more than a week.

fl.gif
the housing stuff! I hope your tests come back showing you can cut on the prednisone.

Outpost: PM sent. Tough love is what's needed right now. Whether you chose it, or simply b/c that's all you have left right now, it's what's needed. He has a lot of work to do, and he has to prove himself. Time and prayer. Hugs to you.

Agreed!
Yes, Happy Tuesday to all!!!!
big_smile.png

DH is going to AA meetings and Overcoming Adversity meetings. He did ask me to come. I declined. Don't judge me off that. I have went with him before (years ago) and he is all show. That one was a 12 step program. At the 4th step, he decided he was better and quit. There has been a lot of stress in our household. Years. It's taken a toll on DD too. I know in the end, it will all get better. I have chosen to give him tough love. Or maybe I didn't choose. Maybe my heart is so hardened, that's all I've got.

I'm doing good though and hope you all are too. Getting ready for work. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers.
big_smile.png

So many
hugs.gif
to you, your heart is not hard and there is nothing to judge in your choice.

Last edited:
goodpost.gif

We ordered a new screen. Not willing to buy a new one right now. I am really wanting to knock out some debt so new things are not an option until I can get our budget in order again. Did get all the medical bools from my dh after saying I was meeting with someone about this topic. And I threw together a resume last Thursday, had a request to talk, responded back with "I'm interested", Had an unexpected phone intervue today, and am now scheduled to meet with the president of this small Preschool company on Thursday. Pleeeaassseee Pray! Terrified I will get this, Thrilled that it is headed in this direction and amazed that I am interviewing! Need to figure out salary, benefits, how soon, will I love it there??? if not where else should I apply?? All good questions!
Oupost keep those tough love eyes open! ;-)
Anuone seen Blooie? Is she hiding out in the Blankie fort eating all the candy corn??

Back
Top Bottom