Need Info On Pup/Dog Vaccines...

Quote:
Yeah..i've bought Ivermectin for the birds. and wazine for the pigs... and even then i was nervous... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/10638_nervoussmiley.gif

Giving the horses Ivermectin is the FUNNIEST thing ever!!!! I have to video it next time. They go all Mr. Ed on us, spreading their lips, clutching their teeth, eyes get wide..... It is hysertically funny!!!

Quote:
Yeah..i've bought Ivermectin for the birds. and wazine for the pigs... and even then i was nervous... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/10638_nervoussmiley.gif

Giving the horses Ivermectin is the FUNNIEST thing ever!!!! I have to video it next time. They go all Mr. Ed on us, spreading their lips, clutching their teeth, eyes get wide..... It is hysertically funny!!!

lol.png
Love to see it... horses crack me up with some of their face expressions.

Quote:

lol.png
Love to see it... horses crack me up with some of their face expressions.

OH!!! Both Duke and Duchess make the faces. The rest of the time it is Duke with his antics. He is a PILL!

I'd love to have a horse.. but i want a TINY little sissy one that cant kill me.. or bite my hand off.
lol.png

LIke one of those little 2ft tall dwarf ones.,..
gig.gif

Quote:
Okay, thanks for saving me there!
th.gif

No feed store vaccines!!!..
lol.png

Worming, yes, the rest NO NO NO.

then I've been bad going on 25 years
hide.gif

Quote:
Okay, thanks for saving me there!
th.gif

No feed store vaccines!!!..
lol.png

Worming, yes, the rest NO NO NO.

Yes, except don't be one of those people that gives your 50 lb dog 1/2 a tube of dewormer meant for a 1000 lb horse.
he.gif

(I know you're not one of those people, but you wouldn't believe the stuff I see/hear!)

My dogs stay up to date on rabies

But the rest, they had their puppy series and then the booster at one year.

I would titer both, but my vet refuses to do business with the company who did the titer testing. Their might be more companies now.

He also does not usually give routine shots after 7 years of age.

My dogs are groomed at home and do not get boarded, if I did those I would have to vaccinate them again. For the older dog, I worry more about IMHA, cockers being#1 on the most likely to get list.

FYI, the cockers little brother has had the same # of vaccines and is titered, with results that show he is covered

We do the sets of the da2pp, I believe it was 3 or 4 sets. Then the Rabies, and Rabies booster at one year. Then Rabies every 3 years. Distemper they get a booster at 1 year then every 3 or more years. There was some research about the distemper shots saying once they have the shot and their booster, it's good for at least 7 years.

Here is a great article http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/annual_vacs.htm

I don't get my dog's vaccinations for anything except after they've gotten their puppy shots. It's way too much for their immune system. If they aren't immune after all the puppy shots, they never will be. Also, if you have other dogs that are fully vaccinated, your pup will get some from them. I don't know how that works but it does. The last puppy we got, I only vaccinated against parvo and distemper at 12 weeks and then again at 16 and she's healthy as a horse (whatever that means!). Mind you, I kept her at home. She didn't even go to the pet store with me.

Back
Top Bottom