November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics
Alrighty then...my eggs came. This is how the box looked last time, and, the very same corner egg had been broken. Only got goo on a couple of eggs..which I cleaned a bit. They got blood rings of course. This time, she sent 6 more eggs than last time..I didn't ask for them, but hey, glad she did. The eggs in the last photo are ones that had goo on them this time. It went way over. I even rinsed some under the faucet. Some I just wiped with a wet towel. We shall see. :/ There were 4 others broken this time. When I sent the photos to her, she asked if she could show the P.O. the photos. Of course. Hope she had ins. Priority box. She is letting her kids collect the eggs from their farm, and saving money for college. Got the cutest thank you note in the box, saying in orange crayon lettering..thank you for buying our eggs. Made me smile. I am hoping that by some miracle that the ones rinsed will be ok. and.. that the air cells aren't bad. Last time, there was only one floating air cell! I am letting them sit the whole night. I usually set them after 12 hrs. And, the last time, I had 6 eggs go into lock down with beautiful beautiful air cells. No saddles at all. How did that happen, when the box looked like this one, and, there was an egg broken in the same place, and goo on other eggs. We never know. Crossing fingers. I have another box that should show up tomorrow. Silkies. I will set these NN eggs in the morning, and the silkies at night. I can then keep them in one bator. Let's hope that the silkies eggs are ok!
Oh my goodness!!! I hope they do ok! I had a box w/ awesome packing looked fine all the eggs inside were totally scrambled the air cells were detached.... Just received a replacement batch yesterday I asked that she not tape them all together to make them an "egg brick" if they were shaken. It's weird how some look horrible and develop great while others look good packing etc and the insides are a total mess.. Shipped eggs are always a toss up. Could you pick them up at the PO? I'm a freak about that and they have still "accidentally" sent them out on the mail truck... Hoping they are less careless w/ the chicks I'm sending out next week I'm a nervous wreck!!!

Alrighty then...my eggs came. This is how the box looked last time, and, the very same corner egg had been broken. Only got goo on a couple of eggs..which I cleaned a bit. They got blood rings of course. This time, she sent 6 more eggs than last time..I didn't ask for them, but hey, glad she did. The eggs in the last photo are ones that had goo on them this time. It went way over. I even rinsed some under the faucet. Some I just wiped with a wet towel. We shall see. :/ There were 4 others broken this time. When I sent the photos to her, she asked if she could show the P.O. the photos. Of course. Hope she had ins. Priority box. She is letting her kids collect the eggs from their farm, and saving money for college. Got the cutest thank you note in the box, saying in orange crayon lettering..thank you for buying our eggs. Made me smile. I am hoping that by some miracle that the ones rinsed will be ok. and.. that the air cells aren't bad. Last time, there was only one floating air cell! I am letting them sit the whole night. I usually set them after 12 hrs. And, the last time, I had 6 eggs go into lock down with beautiful beautiful air cells. No saddles at all. How did that happen, when the box looked like this one, and, there was an egg broken in the same place, and goo on other eggs. We never know. Crossing fingers. I have another box that should show up tomorrow. Silkies. I will set these NN eggs in the morning, and the silkies at night. I can then keep them in one bator. Let's hope that the silkies eggs are ok!
Looks like PO was pretty rough with those! Love the note from kid!!! So awesome.

Oh my goodness!!! I hope they do ok! I had a box w/ awesome packing looked fine all the eggs inside were totally scrambled the air cells were detached.... Just received a replacement batch yesterday I asked that she not tape them all together to make them an "egg brick" if they were shaken. It's weird how some look horrible and develop great while others look good packing etc and the insides are a total mess.. Shipped eggs are always a toss up. Could you pick them up at the PO? I'm a freak about that and they have still "accidentally" sent them out on the mail truck... Hoping they are less careless w/ the chicks I'm sending out next week I'm a nervous wreck!!!

You are so right about never knowing how the eggs will do, if they look good, or bad..you just never know.

My P.O. Always calls me. In fact, they called today holding a box for me, and asked, are you expecting eggs? We have a box here but it isn't marked. They are great. Here is what these eggs looked like. They are little silkie eggs.

I think the guy makes them himself and also sells them (link below). All eggs arrived intact however I broke one while removing them. I'm going to candle today so I should know about air sacks then.
http://www.bressefarms.com/products-medications.html

Thanks for the link! That foam pictured at the link that you gave to me looks like that foam pad that we bought as a mattress topper for our waterbed.

This is my first attempt at hatching eggs. I'm using a Hova Bator 1602N. I have Buff Orpingtons, BBS Marans, BBS Americaunas and Light Brahmas. I hope something hatches. I have worried so much about the settings for temperature and humidity that you would think I laid the eggs myself. The eggs were just put into the incubator at 9:45 p.m. today 11/03. I sure hope something hatches. I collected the Buffs from my hens because the rooster got taken and I wanted to try to hatch some of their chicks and I ordered eggs from 3 different sellers on eBay. All the eggs arrived in perfect condition without any cracks or breakage. Right now the temperature is about 51% and the temperature is 99.5.

Here's hoping.....

That's two! Happy chicks, hardly an overnight peep!

Back
Top Bottom