November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics
D
I bought an incubator yesterday a little giants 9300 style.  I read that you should put the large end up so i stood them all up small side down.  I sat 5 1/2 dozen in last night at 7 o'clock here is to hoping for a good hatch.  This is my first incubation ever and I am not sure what I am doing i put the temp at 99.5 and added a little water the humility is around 65 the eggs are touching but they do that under the hen to so i am not worried about that it is more less the turning thing i am worried about.  I am really interested in some expert advice. 

Do you have an additional thermometer or are u using the one on the incubator? I haven't used that kind before but I have additional thermometers in all of mine even my expensive brinsea as it wasn't calibrated correctly. Humidity is a little high IMO and I think other ppl may agree I usually run my between 30-40% until lockdown. Some ppl weight others mark air cells I just closely monitor my eggs to ensure the air cells grow slowly larger. Are they your own eggs or shipped eggs and is there an auto turner or are you hand turning?

25/27! Yay!! Assortment of 15 pure ishbars and lavender orps, 10 mixed: brahmas and ishbars. Love the fuzz!

I do not have another thermometer and no egg turner all by hand. They are not my eggs but i did drive 2 hours to pick the up from a gental mens home so shipping was on my and i was very careful not to let them move at all lol. but i have read up some this morning and people are saying they are running these at 103 or so and getting a great hatch of like 27 out of 31. It is also a still air no fan yet i plan on every month getting an addition for it the fan or the turner and one day a second one. IF ALL WORKS WELL

when do i start rotating eggs i read not to move them at first but it did not really say when to start moving them around. Also I pulled out a plug to drop the moisture some.

Back
Top Bottom