November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics
Day 20 for my two surviving Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs. I came home to see no pips, but something made me quickly open up the incubator and check the bottom of the two eggs. Sure enough, one had a pip on the bottom! I placed it back in, pip up. I can see the little beak peeking through, and moving.

I tend to run my humidity up around 80 at lockdown, so it only dropped to 70 when I opened the incubator. Hoping for the best. As long as I see the chick is moving, I am just going to leave it alone. The pip is in the middle of the egg, not where I marked the air cell. However, if I can see the beak, that means the chick is getting air.

Nothing from the other egg, which has a big, saddle-shaped air cell.

Hoping for healthy chicks! Good luck, all!

Good luck. Remember, the percentage of pipped eggs hatching is in the high 90 percent range. :) Nice to know ey. If they have pipped, they will more than likely hatch! Some of those little stinkers just take their time, then some, are zipping before we know it and are out.

Saddle air cell, they do hatch at times. According to how high and how tight that baby is in there. I end up assisting my saddled ones out at the end of day 20 if no pip. Hopefully I reached it in time. Good luck. :)

DD candled her chicken eggs tonight. You can see her happy expression as she sees the development.

She's "unsure" about this egg.

and another good one!

Aww, cute how happy she looks.

There is the little eyeball swimming around in this one.

LL

Good luck. Remember, the percentage of pipped eggs hatching is in the high 90 percent range. :) Nice to know ey. If they have pipped, they will more than likely hatch! Some of those little stinkers just take their time, then some, are zipping before we know it and are out.

Saddle air cell, they do hatch at times. According to how high and how tight that baby is in there. I end up assisting my saddled ones out at the end of day 20 if no pip. Hopefully I reached it in time. Good luck. :)
This is so helpful, and just what I needed to hear. I am looking at the one egg with the bit of shell knocked out in the middle, and I can see that little beak moving... but there is no progress after hours of watching (little stinker!) and I am so anxious. It is really nice to know that it will probably be ok without any meddling.

So... this is end of Day 20. Should the saddle-cell egg get some help? Or should I not touch the incubator, since the other egg has pipped?

Another hatched. I had a bad feeling about the one who pipped at the wrong end. I checked and it had died. No idea why. 4 more are working on it.

Back
Top Bottom