November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics
If you can see the air cell line, they will pip at the lowest point where the air cell dips down. We mark an x there on day 18 - as a fun prediction - and set the egg on its side with the "x" facing up. Usually we're spot on with the predictions. If you enlarge the pics below you'll see the "x"s & the pips. Of course even if you don't candle, the eggs will naturally roll into that position (or close to it) because the embryo & egg contents are heavier on the side where the air cell is higher. Really no reason to worry
What a fun way to pass the time while waiting on lock down. The waiting is the hardest part for me. Atleast I can candle them and check on them before lock down buttttt days 19 on... lol. I'm gonna practice my pip predicting. Thank you

If you can see the air cell line, they will pip at the lowest point where the air cell dips down. We mark an x there on day 18 - as a fun prediction - and set the egg on its side with the "x" facing up. Usually we're spot on with the predictions. If you enlarge the pics below you'll see the "x"s & the pips. Of course even if you don't candle, the eggs will naturally roll into that position (or close to it) because the embryo & egg contents are heavier on the side where the air cell is higher. Really no reason to worry
This makes me feel so much better! I wondered how people did it. Thanks!

Not the best photo....

Nonsense. It's the best pic! Ducklings are my favorite!

I have 14 babies and three still hatching in the incubator! Yay!

I had an acquaintance come over with three 12 year old girls to see the chicks. They had never seen chicks before and couldn't believe how soft they were etc. You should have seen their eyes pop out when I showed them the three in the 'bator- one has pipped, and the other two are zipping. I actually feel quite sad that children don't see this kind of thing! Even the Mum got a kick out of holding a 1 day old chick :)

This pic gets the cutest pic award! Now I want to hatch some ducks... I'll just blame you!

Omg,how flippin cute are those babies. I'm trying so hard to fight the urge to get me some lil ducky babies. My hubby is gonna be mad at you cause these lil punums make me want want want them more

Omg,how flippin cute are those babies. I'm trying so hard to fight the urge to get me some lil ducky babies. My hubby is gonna be mad at you cause these lil punums make me want want want them more

I love baby ducks! I am not fighting the urge to get them though, just fighting resistance! I keep getting a very determined and resounding "NO". Lol I will wear him down though!

I have my eggs in the turners not big end is up can I leave them like this for the lock down or no????

Back
Top Bottom