Fist baby!!!!

wee.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
wee.gif

Oh my... I can not even explain how amazing this is! Praying the other six eggs hatch as well. So far, no pips that I can see or movement. Today is day 19.

Day 19. You just had an early hatcher. Happens. Always fun when it does. You still have a couple of days yet.

I have another pip starting- not through the shell yet, but I can see the crack starting! Possibly a third one as well...
I am beyond excited!
Day 19 is early, but if you're already seeing more pips, then there's a good chance you'll get more chicks by this time tomorrow. (Often they pip the day before hatching & take a long rest before zipping.) Sometimes the pip is small or in a bad position, so it can be missed. You must good eyes!

I woke up this morning to the first PIP hole. That was at 8am. Fully hatched by 2pm! Little over achiever!!! LOL
Day 19 is early, but if you're already seeing more pips, then there's a good chance you'll get more chicks by this time tomorrow.  (Often they pip the day before hatching & take a long rest before zipping.)  Sometimes the pip is small or in a bad position, so it can be missed.  You must good eyes!

Need help? I have 2 different batches in the incubator. A week or so apart. I'm coming up on lock doe. And don't know what to do. Some eggs need to be locked down and more humidity and some need lower humidity and to be kept turned. Any suggestions?

Please, help me with what to do. Anybody?

Last edited:
I have another pip starting- not through the shell yet, but I can see the crack starting! Possibly a third one as well...
I am beyond excited!
Your probably running a little on the hot side if you see a lot of early arrivals. Your incubator might say 99.5 but it could be off. Have you calibrated your temps? If most hatch before day 21 I would adjust the temp down .5 for the next hatch and see what happens. There is nothing like watching the miracle of the hatch. Congratulations!

Need help? I have 2 different batches in the incubator. A week or so apart. I'm coming up on lock doe. And don't know what to do. Some eggs need to be locked down and more humidity and some need lower humidity and to be kept turned. Any suggestions?

Please, help me with what to do. Anybody?

You can go ahead and raise the humidity for a few days, it won't hurt anything. Are you turning by hand or using an auto turner? If using an auto turner, you can take off a couple of the sections to open up a space for the ones hatching. You'll either need to block access to the turner somehow or hatch in baskets or mesh bags. If you're turning by hand, pretty much the same deal, just figure out how to keep the new babies seperate from the other eggs either using baskets or mesh bags. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom