November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics

Thanks! We came up with the design when we got all our chicks in the spring so we could raise them inside to teach our dogs that they are not food. The one we built for us is quite a bit bigger than this one. This one we built for my sister for her 6 Easter chicks.

I am now up to 4 pips and 2 chick's :) guess guess i didn't do too bad after all wahoo
jumpy.gif
Yeah! Keep working little chicks!

Another first tonight! Our Brahma momma has decided to start teaching the 6 she kept how to roost. So, today is a day of firsts for these 12 chicks! Lol Willy roosting inside, and then this outside:

The other 5 were on the floor crying. I guess they can't get up there yet. Probably because they haven't got the wing feathers for it yet.

On a sad note, I forgot to get a chick protection screen placed in front of my other Brahma momma's nest box... 5 new hatchlings got out and I found them too late. Totally my fault, and totally preventable. I am so upset about it! So now, the screen is placed, and hopefully there will be no more losses from her clutch. There were at least 3 live chicks with her, still no idea how many more, but there were 14 eggs, so hoping for 9 to make it.

Last edited:
So far 15/33 have hatched! Isbar, partridge orps, buff orps, wellsummers, breese, blue/black splash Ameraucanas and some mixes. Super excited about the red partridge! (Second pic)

Congrats and good luck to all hatchers and new chick mommies!

Back
Top Bottom