November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics
I have an issue my chick has pipped but it's now 24hrs latter should I worry or should I help it out???

I took them down off of the pavers! Yep, can't get up on them. Saw them both drink. I also sprinkled some of the food on the grip pad I have in there. I have seen both peck at it as well. Whew! That is a relief.

I will wait till they seem to be more coordinated to put them back up on the pavers. At that time I will probably remove the drawer liner as well and just go with the pine shavings.

Still no pips on the last 5 eggs. Tomorrow is day 21. I am sad- but also understand that it happens. I am grateful for the two cuties that I have and will pick up another 4 from Penny1960 next week when hers hatch. She has 12 in the incubator- said she put them in just so I would be assured 6 babies! I am so grateful to her. They are also building me a 6x8 coop! It is amazing how when you lose faith in so many things, it is restored in the most unexpected ways!

Yes, this is what I do also, sprinkle food on the mesh for them...especially silkie babies, they need it down and some sprinkles for a while. :)

Tomorrow day 21...let's go pips...by the end of the night! Come on chickies.
jumpy.gif

I have to go now...but, if you are seeing any shell move, or hear peeping...see how it goes in two more hrs. If nothing more then, I would assist. Good luck!

Good morning everyone!! I had a busy night last night! I got a dozen silkie eggs from RayvnFalls that I set 3 weeks ago. I decided to try a total hands off approach to these eggs. I never candled, I just set them, and on day 19 locked them down and upped the humidity. Day 21 was yesterday. When I left for work, no pips. I was thinking I killed them all!

When I got home around 7, I had 6 pips. By the time I went to bed, I had 1 zipping. I got up twice - at 11:30 or so, we had 1 check. By 12:30 we had 2 chicks. By 6 am, we had 5 checks, by 7 am, we had 7 checks. I could only see 1 more pip. I'm hoping when I get home I have at least 8 dry and fluffy chicks!! From the ones that were starting to dry, I have several Blue and at least 1 black.

@Cynthia12 Rayvn said that you hatched a splash chick and you first thought it was blue. How did you figure out it was splash?

I just made it in under the wire with a successful November hatch!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom