November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

love.gif
Are those CCLs? So cute!

Here's my girl that hatched in July. I just happened to take a pic of her this morning. I'm a little nervous about her comb in these below zero temps, but the flock seems to be doing OK.

:love Are those CCLs? So cute! Here's my girl that hatched in July. I just happened to take a pic of her this morning. I'm a little nervous about her comb in these below zero temps, but the flock seems to be doing OK.
Yes, they are little CCL babies :) thank you! Here are my big girls (and boy)
Aurora - I love those crests! My last legbar will be 4 next spring, and I am hoping to get a few more babies from her (crossed with my Ameraucana), to get some more blue layers.
Aren't they super cute :) I hope you get lots of babies from her!

Awe, I love the update pictures!

My 6 inside chicks, 4.5 weeks old now.

Here is the momma with the other 6, who are all about half the size as their inside hatch mates.

I believe all three of the 2 week olds are in this photo. One is eating from the adult feeder, its little rear end is sticking out of it.

None hatched, and I am really disappointed. They were all clear when I candled them at 7 days. I left them in just to be sure, but after another week there was no development. I have heard that this Sebright is hard to breed, but this was really disappointing. They were packed very well. I wonder if the seller would want to hear from me that none hatched? Or would he take it as criticism? I do think he should know.

None hatched, and I am really disappointed. They were all clear when I candled them at 7 days. I left them in just to be sure, but after another week there was no development. I have heard that this Sebright is hard to breed, but this was really disappointing. They were packed very well. I wonder if the seller would want to hear from me that none hatched?  Or would he take it as criticism?  I do think he should know.

I always let ppl know most like to know some not so much but you did pay for them... It could be a variety of reasons they didn't develop and since none of them started it could be a fertility issue the breeder should know about. I always just make sure to be polite and ppl have resent me eggs a cpl times at a discount or for just shipping cost to try again.

None hatched, and I am really disappointed. They were all clear when I candled them at 7 days. I left them in just to be sure, but after another week there was no development. I have heard that this Sebright is hard to breed, but this was really disappointing. They were packed very well. I wonder if the seller would want to hear from me that none hatched? Or would he take it as criticism? I do think he should know.
Yes, Sebrights are a tough bird to breed and just as tough to hatch. We had a few Sebright & Silkie eggs in a bantam mix that we purchased for an experiment. (Broody vs. incubator) The broody hatched all 3 of her bantam eggs (along with the standards) while none of the bantam eggs hatched in the incubator group. Ours were picked up directly from the breeder to avoid shipping. From shipped eggs, I got a 0% before. It does happen. So sorry.
hugs.gif

It wouldn't hurt to let the breeder know. There's not much he/she can do about the PO & there are many variables.

Back
Top Bottom