San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I'm planning on attending the Valley Center meet up. I would really like to rehome my 2 roosters: a RIR that crows "OMG" and a BCM "Walter" who is on the ornery side until he learns who the boss is. If someone is interested please PM me. I need to make room for any olive eggers I might find at the meet.

Hi everyone! I'm Lakeside native and just heard about the chicken meetup. Any chance anyone can carpool from East County? We are in a bit of a pinch for long-distance transport until we buy a new truck, but I'd love to meet everyone!

Do you guys know if feeding fish will make the eggs taste funny? Thinking of bartering eggs for table scraps from our favorite sushi place.

Do you guys know if feeding fish will make the eggs taste funny? Thinking of bartering eggs for table scraps from our favorite sushi place.
Fishmeal is a common protein in feeds.

Animal protein provides the 8 amino acids that chickens cannot produce themselves and cannot get from all vegetarian feed.

I do my own feed mixing and use 5-15% fish meal with no tastes.

In your case, you should be fine.

What a great trade

I figure it will be mostly rice, fish scraps, some seaweed, random veggies. Mixed with some commercial feed, sounds yummy to me!
Bad/good news is... This enables me to get more chickens!!!!!

Does anyone have a good system on composting chicken poop and bedding? I notice mine doesn't stink like the ones at home depot and I think I'd like to sell bags of it. The underlayer that naturally composted smells kind of nice in a wierd way. Happy chicken poop?

[COLOR=333333]I'm planning on attending the Valley Center [/COLOR]meet up[COLOR=333333]. I would really like to rehome my 2 roosters: a RIR that crows "OMG" and a BCM "Walter" who is on the ornery side until he learns who the boss is. If someone is interested please PM me. I need to make room for any olive eggers I might find at the meet.  [/COLOR]
Just bring them. I've learned that chicken people are extremely spontaneous. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom