San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I switched to Ace High and have been using it for about a month now. I like it and the chickens do too. I haven't really noticed that they eat less really, but I do notice that my chickens and ducks have become leaner and more active and my one silky that has a neurological issue, sort of like wry neck, hasn't had that problem since. I think the high protien has really helped them. I have a lot of egg production too, even though it has been so cold.

Then I think I will stay with it, it is $17 tax included for 50#'s here, how much do you pay? Also, there seem to be less powder and the crumbles are a little larger.

Looks like your boys like it too.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I think I pay around $16 and some change in lakeside. I use the ace high turkey maintenance at 23% protien. I was told it's the same as gamebird feed so I am able to use it for my chickens, pheasants, ducks and ducklings universally, so much easier and everyone is happy with it. I do notice my pheasants eat way less feed now, but they were in need of higher protein than what they were getting and I think they were just overeating and getting fat before - trying to make up for it.

Those boys like to eat everything lol. Sometimes I give them leftover long grain or brown rice, they go nuts for that. At least they didn't eat all my plants like my other chickens... lol
I'm so happy you have them now. I had only 2 silkie girls and my 2 other silkie roos in their flock with them. They really are a gentle breed, thank goodness. I know they have to be thrilled to have more hens around. I wonder what colors you'll get in the mix.

I have 2 white and 2 red, so when the hens get a little older I plan on seperating the whites and have the partridge with the reds.

Quote:
I think I pay around $16 and some change in lakeside. I use the ace high turkey maintenance at 23% protien. I was told it's the same as gamebird feed so I am able to use it for my chickens, pheasants, ducks and ducklings universally, so much easier and everyone is happy with it. I do notice my pheasants eat way less feed now, but they were in need of higher protein than what they were getting and I think they were just overeating and getting fat before - trying to make up for it.

Those boys like to eat everything lol. Sometimes I give them leftover long grain or brown rice, they go nuts for that. At least they didn't eat all my plants like my other chickens... lol
I'm so happy you have them now. I had only 2 silkie girls and my 2 other silkie roos in their flock with them. They really are a gentle breed, thank goodness. I know they have to be thrilled to have more hens around. I wonder what colors you'll get in the mix.

I was going to use this to make a coop out of but ended up not using it. Before I put it in the for sale section thought I'd give you locals a chance at it. It's 41" high, 41" deep and 32" wide. It has a small round vent in the front and in the back. I'm asking what I paid, $50. Built solid.

49067_img_9724.jpg

Back
Top Bottom