San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Great meet up everybody! It was nice seeing everyone and talking and having fun. Everyone who is interested in Lavender Modern and/or Mille Fleur cochins eggs/chicks in the future, please make sure to pm me so we can make arrangements. Those of you that have my Milles, let me know how they feather out, I need to know! LOL

I think everyone's tired from the meet up. They had to bring a lot of extra boxes.

old.gif

I am a complete and utter failure.
1. I did not take a box, even a small one
2. I only took $40 cash
3. I brought my husband, in case #1 and #2 didn't work

I almost made it. Then, 20 minutes before we left...

1. I started talking to Miriam (bad, bad, bad).
2. She had chicks from a breed that originated in my grandfather's homeland, Belgium (worse)
3. I was generously given a box (dammit)
4. My husband got in the car and made a trip to the ATM for more cash (you are supposed to stop me, honey)
5. I came home with 6 chirping chicks, because only 2 would be too cold alone

That is the good news. The bad: the chirping ones were not the only ones in the car. The other 12 heading for the incubator will be joining them in three weeks or so, with any luck. My first stab at cooking.

20 minutes. So close.

...An event horizon...in layman's terms it is defined as "the point of no return" i.e. the point at which the gravitational pull becomes so great as to make escape impossible. --Wikipedia

(sigh)

2. I only took $40 cash

2. She had chicks from a breed that originated in my grandfather's homeland, Belgium (worse)
4. My husband got in the car and made a trip to the ATM for more cash (you are supposed to stop me, honey)

That is the good news. The bad: the chirping ones were not the only ones in the car. The other 12 heading for the incubator will be joining them in three weeks or so, with any luck. My first stab at cooking.

20 minutes. So close.

...An event horizon...in layman's terms it is defined as "the point of no return" i.e. the point at which the gravitational pull becomes so great as to make escape impossible. --Wikipedia

(sigh)

Someone had an extra box ???? I'm shocked
ep.gif
How did that happen ???

2. I only took $40 cash

20 minutes. So close.

(sigh)

yuckyuck.gif

I think everyone's tired from the meet up. They had to bring a lot of extra boxes.

:old

I think you're right on both counts! I left with 4 chicks despite saying I was done with chicks for the year. Very tired...it's a lot of work talking chicken smack for 9 hours straight!

thank you all for buying chicks from our kids.Jared did very good,he came home with less then we started with.I gave him free range to do what he wished with them.did trades with glenn.thank you for taking the little modern.our bantam pen was just to small for 4 roosters in there.

also for supporting us with the cheese and egg purchases.
sami enjoyed helping with the sales of it.

I was able to stop by for a few miutes give hugs as things where winding down.

thank you again
renee

I only came home with three new ones, and I didn't need any extra boxes.
big_smile.png

I am cracking up that not only did Rick buy CHICKS, Elara let him buy hatching eggs, too.
lau.gif

What a fun day...

Back
Top Bottom