San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm so glad you are happy with them! (This is Lindsey btw the lady who sold them to you lol) I didn't know you were on byc I had posted that same ad on here before but no one must have seen it :( But I'm glad they went to such a loveing home! Its been hard having to sell all my birds but know that they are going to a good home helps
smile.png
If you did want to hatch their eggs they will be pure marans and should be fertile for quite some time! Thanks again!

I am doing my best to win them over today... they had organic greens & watermelon early this afternoon. I hope they'll be happy here! Thanks so much for sharing your chickens - I'm kind of sorry I didn't grab another blue copper hen while I was there. You had some very neatly colored EEs that tempted me, too.

One more vote for incubating some eggs... I just might have to do it!
yesss.gif

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm so glad you are happy with them! (This is Lindsey btw the lady who sold them to you lol) I didn't know you were on byc I had posted that same ad on here before but no one must have seen it :( But I'm glad they went to such a loveing home! Its been hard having to sell all my birds but know that they are going to a good home helps
smile.png
If you did want to hatch their eggs they will be pure marans and should be fertile for quite some time! Thanks again!
And thank you for sharing my ad!
big_smile.png

Mine are happy as can be, they enjoyed some zucchini from the garden this afternoon and one of them laid an egg.

I am doing my best to win them over today... they had organic greens & watermelon early this afternoon. I hope they'll be happy here! Thanks so much for sharing your chickens - I'm kind of sorry I didn't grab another blue copper hen while I was there. You had some very neatly colored EEs that tempted me, too.

One more vote for incubating some eggs... I just might have to do it!
yesss.gif

Don't remind me about those EE's..... I might find myself asking if she has anymore left. I picked up some for my friend today and I was so tempted to keep them for myself. They were very sweet EE and beautiful. I did get a frizzle EE for myself, she is so funny to watch. She might be my new favorite hen.

I'm so glad you kept the frizzle for yourself she was one of my favorites! I'm glad they're happy and that you're enjoying them, I hope you're friend enjoys hers as well
big_smile.png
I do have a few EE left if you're interested
wink.png
lol

What kind of combs??

Andalusian X Ameracauna
Marans X Ameracauna
Easter Egger X Ameracauna

I got these lovely mixed eggs from Dana, 4 babies hatched and are 2 weeks old, and doing great! I"m just wondering what to look for?

Pea combs are dominant so they should be on the majority of chicks that have a pea combed parent.

This website is REALLY cool, once you learn how to use it:

http://kippenjungle.nl/breeds/crossbreeds.html

What you do is pick your parent breeds, and click " put into calculator"...
Then go to "browse M" and pick the coloring (so if you had entered say Ameraucanas, you pick whether it was a black, blue, wheaten, etc)...
Do the same thing for females...
Then hit "calculate"...
And click on the page that says "phenotypes" and it will tell you what the babies should look like, what kind of comb, feathered shanks, etc.

It's been 100% right for any cross that I've done here on the farm.
ep.gif

Pea combs are dominant so they should be on the majority of chicks that have a pea combed parent.

This website is REALLY cool, once you learn how to use it:

http://kippenjungle.nl/breeds/crossbreeds.html

What you do is pick your parent breeds, and click " put into calculator"...
Then go to "browse M" and pick the coloring (so if you had entered say Ameraucanas, you pick whether it was a black, blue, wheaten, etc)...
Do the same thing for females...
Then hit "calculate"...
And click on the page that says "phenotypes" and it will tell you what the babies should look like, what kind of comb, feathered shanks, etc.

It's been 100% right for any cross that I've done here on the farm.
ep.gif
Took me a few minutes to figure it out, but now I am really liking it!

One more vote for incubating some eggs... I just might have to do it!  :yesss:

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Back
Top Bottom