sebright thread

Pics
Thanks everyone! I enjoy taking pictures of them, they are always so posed! I think I'm going to show them (of course not until the rooster gets his tail feathers back in), do you think they would be good to show or not? I don't know anything about showing Sebrights since I've only had a Sebright pullet once and she died. Then I ended up getting these. 

Those are beautiful sebrights:) I need another pullet or TWO!:)

Those are beautiful sebrights:) I need another pullet or TWO!
smile.png
Thanks! Good luck trying to find pullets! I'm going to a swap this weekend to sell chickens, I hope they don't have any sebrights or any other chicken I'm interested in there. I don't want to come home with more chickens than I brought......like the show I went to last weekend.
hide.gif

Thanks! Good luck trying to find pullets! I'm going to a swap this weekend to sell chickens, I hope they don't have any sebrights or any other chicken I'm interested in there. I don't want to come home with more chickens than I brought......like the show I went to last weekend.:oops:

Meant to say I was jealous haha, I no it is very hard

I've got one 3 week old chick and 1 day old so far from the Roo I posted earlier. So far it hasn't been to hard to hatch these babies. The pullet started laying really good about 3 weeks ago. So the chicks are just starting to come.. Have 2 more in the bator, 1 has pip the other one I, can't tell yet.
fl.gif

Last edited:
I've always been told that exhibition Sebrights can be hard to breed and hatch out.

As far as price, it depends on the quality.

Sebrights are sometimes not the heartiest chicks...and the hens don't always make the greatest mothers. Depending on quality and age, chicks generally go for $1-$10 on average. Pretty much the same as most other chicks of any breed.

I was wondering. I bought 6 chicks this spring, 4 red pullets and two bantams. The two bantams turned out to both be sebrights, even though all the rest of the bantams looked to be OEG's and maybe a couple silkies (though I didn't know this at the time.) The one I picked out because of it's unique gold wings that stood out among the others. This one I am pretty positive is a cockerel and have suspected so from the beginning, not because of color but personality. He has even made what I've considered an attempt "crow" a couple times, and it sure shut the rest of them up..lol. He also has a very big red comb coming in compared to the other one.

The other bantam I picked out because it was the darkest of the bunch. I didn't notice until later when it began getting the gold into the wings that is was also a sebright. Her lacing is speckled black but I'm wondering if she'll grow out of it or into better lacing? The more she ages the more gold she gets. She has a grey/purple comb and an all black head, as well as the male that has really nice lacing, just a red comb.

Back
Top Bottom