sebright thread

Pics
The purple comb on the second chick is called, "gypsy" and if she's got speckling instead of laces you might have a Spangled Hamburg instead and they are just as wonderful.

Are they close to sebrights? She has everything sebright except for nice lacing.

(Looked them up. Do spangles and sebrights share the same line or bred from one another? They are awful similar looking.) I've seen sebrights with, as someone put, "smutty" lacing before. It doesn't just occur on her body area, but throughout all the feathers. I don't really know..lol. She has interesting coloring.

Here are some pics. . . =) The are about 8 weeks old now.

The assumed "cockerel".

The assumed "pullet".

Thrushette.JPEG

Looks like one's a sebright and the other's a Hamburg x Sebright (pictured above)

Yea either the mix your explaining or just bad quality:( the backs are a bit too long or at least in these pics. Definitely a Roo and a pullet there. The Roo has better lacing but I wouldn't try breeding and selling any offspring labeled as purebred GS. They are both still beautiful though:)

So... apparently I've got a crowing hen... not exactly something I need as the roosters do enough of it haha. And she is a hen for sure. She's been laying little white eggs consistently since Feb. :)

Back
Top Bottom