September Hatch-A-Long

That's so cool, I mean I have had it happen with a goose, but I had to help it and it was so nerve wracking!!

I wont know how this one does, all these chicks are already sold, Collecting more to reset hopefully by Tuesday tho
ep.gif

got another wrong end pip..... One is from a year old hen (first one to hatch) the second is from a 7 month old pullet.... I don't use an auto turner instead opting to turn by hand, I candle with an LED light because I don't have to pick them up and turn them this way and that...

Going to have to do some research on what causes this.

That would be so exciting to find a hideaway broody hen with pipped eggs! Congrats! And congrats to everyone with new chicks!

I just got my first pip on one of my easter egger/marans cross eggs! I hear peeping too :)

My broody is still doing wonderful job sitting on her eggs, they're due in the next few days. I can't wait!
And, I put my eggs in the bator last night. I had 35, but I dropped one and it broke all to pieces. Not a good way to get started
th.gif

We ought to have a contest to come up with a cute name for the dropped egg....  Anyone?

I vote for "Oopsie"

LOL My daughter says cracka-lacken....

Here's the egg for reference...

I took the tape off so it could hatch!!! I can't wait to meet this little survivor... Maybe I should name it Gloria Gaynor... Lol

Oh so my hideaway hen (nameless, any names??) has now got 6 chicks, 2 pipped and 15 eggs! I hope she has a 100% hatch! I would love to see a mother with 23 chicks!
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom