September Hatch-A-Long

sorry to hear that Yara! I just sent a friend I met on here the checked eggs, this incubator that just hatched these eggs she is getting her eggs on thurs. and her incubator on fri. I hope they ship well I am on the other end of the country. She got these goodies just for being nice.
How awesome! Hope she has a good hatch rate! I am trying to build up my flock of barnevelders. I got my eggs from up north and only 2 out of 12 developed after the 10th day. Most were scrambled or infertile. I was less than thrilled.

sorry to hear that I had eggs shipped to me once. the air cells were detached I kept-m' up right later put them under a hen and it was over 100 and the eggs melted I don't know if it was the shipping.

on the eggs I sent I bubble wrapped them, and news wrapped them put them in a little box, then that box I put in a bigger bubble/news wrapped box. tapped it all down wrote hatching eggs on outside so hopefully. The eggs I sent are the same chicks in my pic. BCM,SWF,isbar,legbar.

Last edited:

I suspect this one is a Roo but would like to know what everyone else thinks.

I have no idea what sex that chick is. Some breeds you can tell based on color or markings. Often, if you compare the size of combs between chicks of the same breed, you can tell. Often the roos are more aggressive from a very young age.

On an update on my chicks. I like to give them treats at times, so today I chopped up a grape and an apple slice into tiny pieces and put them in with the chicks. They were terrified of the new objects for quite some time. I ended up adding them to the food bowl, because they wouldn't even approach the spot I originally placed them. Even then they were quite suspicious and wouldn't bite.

I went out and ran some errands, after I arrived back home I heard a loud distressed peeping sound. The smallest chick was running around with a tiny piece of apple in it's beak. She was running around frantically trying to keep the piece away from the other chicks. Eventually she it got it re-positioned and swallowed it. Too funny!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom