Welcome to BackYardChickens.com website!
There are a ton of exciting new features and areas of the site for you to explore. To help get started we suggest you watch this video that walks through the main parts of the site, especially the forum:
For those that want a quick idea of the different navigation options, here’s an example of the “Forum” list with notes on the various links and options:
Where are my favorite places?
If you were a member of the old site, here are a few of the most popular pages and their locations on the new site:
- Forum Index – www.BackYardChickens.com/f/
- Recent Posts - www.BackYardChickens.com/forum/newposts
- Coop Designs - www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coop_Designs
- All User Pages / Articles - Member Pages
Where are “My Pages”?
We’ve put all the pages created by our members together here: Member Pages. To see a list of all the pages you’ve created, or a list of pages created by another member, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile, or the user’s profile
- Scroll down to “Activity Feed”
- De-select “Breeds & Supplies” “Forum” & “Profile” so that only “Articles” has a green dot. This will show all your pages / articles (or those of the member you’ve selected).
- You should see something like this:
We have a handful of areas you can go for lots of information about the new site:
This is my first time ever on BYC, where should I go now?
If you’ve never been to BYC before, we highly suggest you visit the following: REQUIRED & SUGGESTED READING FOR THE BYC FORUM
I found a bug / saw an error, what do I do?
If If you’re having problems with the site:
First, look through our section called BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements to see if others are posting the same problem.
If it hasn’t been reported, then we need VERY specific details so we can reproduce the problem and find a solution. Saying, “I can’t login” or “I got an error” or “I can’t upload pictures” will not be enough information for us to help you.
Read over the article "Troubleshooting BYC Problems, Bugs, Error Messages & Other Issues" for more information.
Now you're ready to start posting! You may also want to check out the "Required Reading" thread on BYC.
You're best bet is to introduce yourself in our "New Member Introductions" section (look for the “Start A New Thread” link).
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!
Page 1 of 12
Page 1 of 12