~«Survival By War»~ (Warrior cat rp)

Ashstripe turned sharply to look at Willowstar, ignoring the increasing pains for the moment. "You can't go out there," she mewed, her voice coming out much sharper than she intended. "You're supposed to be giving birth."

"I'll just sneak out the back, everyone is probably in camp anyways so I won't run into any patrols" Willowstar reassures swiftly, her tail tip flicking a bit anxiously.

"I'll just sneak out the back, everyone is probably in camp anyways so I won't run into any patrols" Willowstar reassures swiftly, her tail tip flicking a bit anxiously.
"Well, you are our sagacious who knows not the word mistake," Ashstripe muttered moodily, mainly to herself, as her flanks lapsed back into the loathed rhythm of contractions.

"Well, you are our sagacious who knows not the word mistake," Ashstripe muttered moodily, mainly to herself, as her flanks lapsed back into the loathed rhythm of contractions.

Willowstar sighs she doesn't know how wrong she is about that she thinks a bit bitterly "I'll be right back" she promises as she turns and disappears into the back of the dark hidden den.

Ashstripe bent her head and sniffed her tiny daughter, neglecting to notice Nettlepaw's near flight. Her heart clenched hard, sending the muscles in her chest and neck into a painful sequence of quivering. She was so perfect- a little silver tabby, with tightly sealed eyes that Ashstripe could swear even now would've been a bright emerald...and yet, amidst the miniscule beauty...there was clearly something amiss, even when putting aside the lack of life. Her paws were curled stubs and toes weren't even visible...
Gut resisting greatly against the continued heartrending view, Ashstripe swallowed hard and took one final look at the daughter that'd never breathe, who'd never open her glorious eyes, who'd never take her first steps and the corresponding trip, and who'd never sink her jaws into her first prey.
"Fernkit," Ashstripe mumbled, turning away her heart to punctuate her words with distinct finality. "The spots make her like my mother."
Abruptly, Ashstripe became aware of the familiar stirrings in her belly.
"Take her away. Now. Please."
Nettlepaw nodded, watching Willowstar pad away, guilt twitching in her belly. She crouched by Ashstripe's only kit, licking it's fur the wrong way to dry it."Ashstripe I'm sorry."She choked."I should have been able to save her."

Blackwind popped out of the shadows with a cheerful skip unlike him. "Willowstar's having kits!"
"Really?!" Minnowsplash mewed, her tail tip twitching in excitement.
Sagepaw bounded into the clearing next to Blackwind."Did I hear Willowstar's having kits?!" Sagepaw mewled.
Minnowsplash turned to Sagepaw, "Yep! It's amazing how she didn't even look it! I wonder how many kits there'll be?" she chattered, sitting down to try and stop her paws from bouncing.

"Really?!" Minnowsplash mewed, her tail tip twitching in excitement.

Minnowsplash turned to Sagepaw, "Yep! It's amazing how she didn't even look it! I wonder how many kits there'll be?" she chattered, sitting down to try and stop her paws from bouncing.
Sagepaw weaved around Blackwind, and licked his cheek. Suddenly Relizing that Munnowsplash was watching, she jumped away, scuffling her paws."Yeah, I it's weird. Hawkclaw seems really nervous, and it isn't helping that Rabbitpaw is bugging the life out of him."Se mewed.

Sagepaw weaved around Blackwind, and licked his cheek. Suddenly Relizing that Munnowsplash was watching, she jumped away, scuffling her paws."Yeah, I it's weird. Hawkclaw seems really nervous, and it isn't helping that Rabbitpaw is bugging the life out of him."Se mewed.
Minnowflash gave Sagepaw a questioning look after she jumped away from Blackwind. "Well, of course he's nervous. Wouldn't you be?"

Back
Top Bottom