~«Survival By War»~ (Warrior cat rp)

Sagepaw let out a growl. She shoved him into the apprentices den, with no trace of her just healed injury."Ok, What is StarClans name is your problem?"She growled, her voice dancing with mixed emotions. Anger, concern, Confusion.
Blackwind winced and tentatively raised a claw in self defense. "I'm an idiot....?"

Nettlepaw let out a snarl of frustration. The kits Didnt wriggling and flip like there first sister did. She nipped the sacks from both kits, and started pumping the first kits chest, Hissing."Breath!"She growled."StarClan let him breath!"She let out another snarl, before trying on the next kit, but it Didnt work. Both kits Didnt move or breath."COME ON!"She snarled, but paused. She had to control herself, she couldn't upset Ashstripe anymore."They need names."She rasped quietly."The brown one is a Tom, and the brown and gray one is a SheCat. Just because they're dead here, they are alive in the stars."
Ashstripe didn't turn around. She'd heard enough. Her mind fought for a visualization of her newest lifeless children; with a painful shake, she rid herself of that need. Theses kits weren't on this plane, and nor did they still possess their earthly appearance.
You coward.
You just don't want to be haunted by the mental picture of more deserving kits you couldn't supply enough life too.

Ashstripe bit down hard on her cheek and let her ears pin farther, as though she could shut out her accurate conscience.
Once you name them, they're gone.
"Darkkit for the tom. Fawnkit for the tabby."
As her words cooled into silence, an immense throbbing pressure aggressively grew in her head. Guilt, she automatically registered it as, guilt great enough to be affecting her physical wellbeing.
But it was then Ashstripe became aware that her whole body was quivering. Her neck even trembled from the effort of lifting her head. Every breath came and left as though she had mild whitecough.
Exhaustion was setting in. This must be the end of the birth. The first she-kit squirmed weakly at her side, protesting at the cold the lack of her mother's tail had brought.
"But I can't get up," she whispered to herself, shutting her mind off tight. Once you get up, your only kit is hers.

Sagepaw growled, and smacked him across the cheek in anger."What do you mean, your a idiot?!" She screeched.
(#Angrygirlfriend)
Blackwind cowered, his eyes stark orange suns against his midnight fur. In contrast to what he expected, his words did indeed come, but they came as sparsely as the flow of prey in leaf-bare. "That's...exactly...it." So much for seeming confident in front of her. "Far...too often...I mess up...or can't find the right...word...or just be a complete...klutz..."

Ashstripe didn't turn around. She'd heard enough. Her mind fought for a visualization of her newest lifeless children; with a painful shake, she rid herself of that need. Theses kits weren't on this plane, and nor did they still possess their earthly appearance.
You coward.
You just don't want to be haunted by the mental picture of more deserving kits you couldn't supply enough life too.

Ashstripe bit down hard on her cheek and let her ears pin farther, as though she could shut out her accurate conscience.
Once you name them, they're gone.
"Darkkit for the tom. Fawnkit for the tabby."
As her words cooled into silence, an immense throbbing pressure aggressively grew in her head. Guilt, she automatically registered it as, guilt great enough to be affecting her physical wellbeing.
But it was then Ashstripe became aware that her whole body was quivering. Her neck even trembled from the effort of lifting her head. Every breath came and left as though she had mild whitecough.
Exhaustion was setting in. This must be the end of the birth. The first she-kit squirmed weakly at her side, protesting at the cold the lack of her mother's tail had brought.
"But I can't get up," she whispered to herself, shutting her mind off tight. Once you get up, your only kit is hers.
(Would it be weird if I told you I'm legit crying. Because I am)
Nettlepaw silently shreiked inside her head, she struggled, holding back tears."Ash...Stripe...."She choked. Her heart broke in two. Did she flee, taking her mentor and the kit with her? Or did she stay and watch a mother give up her kit? I can't watch this anymore!!! Curse you, StarClan!! "Ashstripe, I...You have-"NO! a voice shrieked angerly in her head. She touched her nose to the kit, breathing in its warm scent."Give Willowstar the kit, Ashstripe."Her heart broke, her voice cracking."It's...It's for her own good...You have to....."I swear by everything I love......This kit will know her own mother, one day or another....

Blackwind cowered, his eyes stark orange suns against his midnight fur. In contrast to what he expected, his words did indeed come, but they came as sparsely as the flow of prey in leaf-bare. "That's...exactly...it." So much for seeming confident in front of her. "Far...too often...I mess up...or can't find the right...word...or just be a complete...klutz..."
Sagepaw leaned her head against his, and let out a comforting murmur."You aren't a klutz, Blackwind."She murmured."Dont ever say that."

(Would it be weird if I told you I'm legit crying. Because I am)
Nettlepaw silently shreiked inside her head, she struggled, holding back tears."Ash...Stripe...."She choked. Her heart broke in two. Did she flee, taking her mentor and the kit with her? Or did she stay and watch a mother give up her kit? I can't watch this anymore!!! Curse you, StarClan!! "Ashstripe, I...You have-"NO! a voice shrieked angerly in her head. She touched her nose to the kit, breathing in its warm scent."Give Willowstar the kit, Ashstripe."Her heart broke, her voice cracking."It's...It's for her own good...You have to....."I swear by everything I love......This kit will know her own mother, one day or another....
(Back in April- wow, Ashstripe, you've been laboring for dangerously long- I was too.)
Ashstripe turned despite her screaming muscles and looked her apprentice dead in the eye. "Nettlepaw," she whispered hoarsely, hearing her own voice as though she were locked outside of her body, "never go through this."
With that, she leaned back hard on her elbows and propped herself up until she was on her feet. She took a step forward, and her kit tumbled away from her rear paw.
Ducking her heavy head, she hurried forward into the slender cavern she'd been holed away in for the past moon. The kit's cries winding their way into her ears were direct shots of adrenaline into her throbbing system and she tripped in her hurry to escape.
As she tumbled on the pebbles, something tugged at her stomach from within as though a shard of the floor's rock had pierced through her and wanted back out. StarClan...please...
...I've had enough...

Pressed against the sheer rock wall with her stomach on fire, Ashstripe delivered her fifth and final kit as though it was no more of an effort than making dirt.
Go.
And Ashstripe went, scrambling wildly into the sheltering darkness of the sick tunnel.
As though getting away would keep her safe from the fact that she'd borne illegitimate kits, lost her mate to loyalty to the same law he'd broken with her, and now had given up everything she'd suffered for to a leader who had the world at her clawtips.
Don't turn around. It's dead.
It's Willowstar's stillborn kit.
Don't. Turn. Around.

Sweat and blood- conceived into outside existence by the sheer ledges- dripping into her her eyes, she never heard the breathy mew of her living last-born.

Last edited:
(Back in April- wow, Ashstripe, you've been laboring for dangerously long- I was too.)
Ashstripe turned despite her screaming muscles and looked her apprentice dead in the eye. "Nettlepaw," she whispered hoarsely, hearing her own voice as though she were locked outside of her body, "never go through this."
With that, she leaned back hard on her elbows and propped herself up until she was on her feet. She took a step forward, and her kit tumbled away from her rear paw.
Ducking her heavy head, she hurried forward into the slender cavern she'd been holed away in for the past moon. The kit's cries winding their way into her ears were direct shots of adrenaline into her throbbing system and she tripped in her hurry to escape.
As she tumbled on the pebbles, something tugged at her stomach from within as though a shard of the floor's rock had pierced through her and wanted back out. StarClan...please...
...I've had enough...

Pressed against the sheer rock wall with her stomach on fire, Ashstripe delivered her fifth and final kit as though it was no more of an effort than making dirt.
Go.
And Ashstripe went, scrambling wildly into the sheltering darkness of the sick tunnel.
As though getting away would keep her safe from the fact that she'd borne illegitimate kits, lost her mate to loyalty to the same law he'd broken with her, and now had given up everything she'd suffered for to a leader who had the world at her clawtips.
Don't turn around. It's dead.
It's Willowstar's stillborn kit.
Don't. Turn. Around.

Sweat and blood- conceived into outside existence by the sheer ledges- dripping into her her eyes, she never heard the breathy mew of her living last-born.
Nettlepaw let out a hiss of frusteration, banging her head against the stone wall of the cave. But it only felt like a pinch. She stared at the helpless kit, screaming for its mother. She unsheathed her claws, unable to take her eyes of the gray shekit. She pulled it towards her with her tail, licking its pelt."Your safe, Little one."Then it hit her. What did she do now? Go and find Ashstripe or stay with the kit? She sighed, forcing herself to swallow. She nudged the kit to the nest, pushing moss around it. She got up, her paws moving like minnows in the darkness. She caught up to Ashstripe, and her eyes set on another kit. She swallowed back a yowl of despair."Ash...Ashstripe...are you...ok?"She meowed, her voice barley a whisper, cracking with pain. She pushed her body against Ashstripe's, ignoring the sweat and the blood that now covered her."I won't let you go through this alone, Ashstripe. I am here for you. You can tell me anything."She murmured.But can I tell you everything? She quickly dismissed the thought."That kit will not go her whole life without knowing her real mother, I swear...I swear..."She gulped."I swear on Crowpaw's life."

(All of this is so sad ;-; )

Willowstar picked up her pace as she made her way back to the secret tunnel from where she last exited carrying the first kit born to Ashstripe, the poor kit was born completely lifeless and she hoped it was the only kit from the litter who had to be buried secretly and away from the unknowing clan who the poor kit will never get to grow up in. She knew she probably spent a bit to long on burying the kit and sending bitter prayers to Starclan, she won't be shocked if she missed the rest of the birth. Willowstar soon spots the tucked away entrance and slips into it silently and makes sure to close it completely off behind her. Her ears quickly picked up a bit of commotion ahead of her and slowed down a bit so she wouldn't run into anyone if they were in the tunnel too, she soon came to a stop as Ashstripe and Nettlepaw's scents suddenly become extremely strong, telling her she'd reached them. "Why are you two in here, how are the kits?" Willowstar whispered desperately as a strong feeling of dread hit her as her mind scrambled to read and figure out the situation in front of her.

Back
Top Bottom