~«Survival By War»~ (Warrior cat rp)

"Hey, you can't deny that I look the part of sick," Ashstripe commented wryly out of the corner of her mouth before she returned her attention to her jubilant beholders. "You going to tell them that they shouldn't get too close or is that up to me and this lovely voice?"
"You can do it." Nettlepaw hissed, snapping one eye open to look at her. "I've dealt with fake explanation after fake explanation for way to long now." She kept her voice low, acutely aware the others might hear them. "And I'm tired of constantly lying to my Clanmates."

"You can do it." Nettlepaw hissed, snapping one eye open to look at her. "I've dealt with fake explanation after fake explanation for way to long now." She kept her voice low, acutely aware the others might hear them. "And I'm tired of constantly lying to my Clanmates."
Ashstripe, now in an increasingly grounded state, was a bit stung by the harsh tone, but she hid it. How could she expect for her equally taxed apprentice to be complacent without complaint throughout this entire mess?
"Don't come too close," she warned as firmly as her disused voice allowed- which was convenient for still playing the part of clear infirmity. "Nettlepaw might be immune now, but I can't say the same for you all."

Ashstripe, now in an increasingly grounded state, was a bit stung by the harsh tone, but she hid it. How could she expect for her equally taxed apprentice to be complacent without complaint throughout this entire mess?
"Don't come too close," she warned as firmly as her disused voice allowed- which was convenient for still playing the part of clear infirmity. "Nettlepaw might be immune now, but I can't say the same for you all."
Nettlepaw hauled herself to her paws, coming to stand beside Ashstripe. Rabbitleap instantly turned her back to moment she saw her, apparently very interested in what Gingersplash was saying. "You too, Sagepaw." She growled, eyes flashed as the white-pelted she-cat inched forward.
Sagepaw recoiled slightly, amber eyes widening at Nettlepaw's harsh tone, but complied either way. "It's good to have to back, Ashstripe." She murmured. "We were worried about you."

The screeching call of a murder of crows roused Ravenpaw from sleep rather abruptly. She raised her head, her pelt fluffing out as a chilly breeze drifted through the front of the den.
As sudden as a water vole darting for it's burrow, though, she leapt to her paws. Without hesitating, she had slipped through the ferns and pelted across the clearing.
Ravenpaw wasn't built like other CloudClan warriors. She wasn't broad shouldered, and she didn't have the short legs that had incredible amounts of strength packed into them. She was long, tall, and lithe, a sharp pointed face and long, thin legs made for running.
Constantly she wondered who her father was. Was he a WaterfallClan cat, she wondered? But they were built for swimming, not running. A Tribe cat, or even a loner?
She skidded into the Medicine cats den, eyes alight. "Canopypaw, Canopypaw, Canopypaw, Canopypaw, wake up! You will not believe what I dreamt about last night! Come on, wake up!"

Nettlepaw hauled herself to her paws, coming to stand beside Ashstripe. Rabbitleap instantly turned her back to moment she saw her, apparently very interested in what Gingersplash was saying. "You too, Sagepaw." She growled, eyes flashed as the white-pelted she-cat inched forward.
Sagepaw recoiled slightly, amber eyes widening at Nettlepaw's harsh tone, but complied either way. "It's good to have to back, Ashstripe." She murmured. "We were worried about you."
"Well, StarClan provide, I think I'll be back on my paws sooner than we know it," Ashstripe promised quietly, but firmly, and forced herself out of the slump to stand a little taller. "Not that Nettlepaw couldn't keep everything running smoothly without me." She glanced aside briefly with genuine pride and was about to go on, only to realize she wasn't supposed to be encouraging this interaction.

"Well, StarClan provide, I think I'll be back on my paws sooner than we know it," Ashstripe promised quietly, but firmly, and forced herself out of the slump to stand a little taller. "Not that Nettlepaw couldn't keep everything running smoothly without me." She glanced aside briefly with genuine pride and was about to go on, only to realize she wasn't supposed to be encouraging this interaction.
"I said you had to leave, Sagepaw." Nettlepaw's ears flattened to her head, her voice low. The apprentice took a few, slow steps back, glancing briefly at Ashstripe, before turning on her heel and fleeing.
"Are you completely mouse-brained?" She spun on her mentor, blue eyes now icy with fury. Her voice was low, acutely aware that her Clanmates were still nearby. "Do you want them to find out?"

"I said you had to leave, Sagepaw." Nettlepaw's ears flattened to her head, her voice low. The apprentice took a few, slow steps back, glancing briefly at Ashstripe, before turning on her heel and fleeing.
"Are you completely mouse-brained?" She spun on her mentor, blue eyes now icy with fury. Her voice was low, acutely aware that her Clanmates were still nearby. "Do you want them to find out?"
"How is complimenting my apprentice at all connected with my...mistakes?" Ashstripe retorted swiftly, her voice hurt. "You have kept everything in order perfectly well, Nettlepaw." She got up to take a few steps away into their cave and approached the meticulous herb stores, her tail flicking low to the ground. "So well, in fact, that I've been seriously considering the idea of taking you to become a full medicine cat. Do you have an issue with that?"

"How is complimenting my apprentice at all connected with my...mistakes?" Ashstripe retorted swiftly, her voice hurt. "You have kept everything in order perfectly well, Nettlepaw." She got up to take a few steps away into their cave and approached the meticulous herb stores, her tail flicking low to the ground. "So well, in fact, that I've been seriously considering the idea of taking you to become a full medicine cat. Do you have an issue with that?"
"I have a issue with you taking up conversations with other cats when you aren't supposed to." Nettlepaw swept into the den, sweeping old herb shreds aside with her tail. The fact that Ashstripe had even begun to consider making her a full medicine cat made her heart stop for a beat with joy, and suddenly she realized that Ashstripe was her mentor, not someone she could just boss around. Guiltily, she slunk up to her, touching her muzzle lightly to Ashstripe's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Ashstripe," she whispered. "I'm just so scared someone is going to find out that those kits are yours, and that they'll...hurt you. Or Hawkclaw, or even the kits themselves..."

"I have a issue with you taking up conversations with other cats when you aren't supposed to." Nettlepaw swept into the den, sweeping old herb shreds aside with her tail. The fact that Ashstripe had even begun to consider making her a full medicine cat made her heart stop for a beat with joy, and suddenly she realized that Ashstripe was her mentor, not someone she could just boss around. Guiltily, she slunk up to her, touching her muzzle lightly to Ashstripe's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Ashstripe," she whispered. "I'm just so scared someone is going to find out that those kits are yours, and that they'll...hurt you. Or Hawkclaw, or even the kits themselves..."
"Nettlepaw." Honestly disturbed her apprentice's thought process, Ashstripe had to turn and stare. "Do we live in a Clan of monsters? Surely you don't have to fear harm coming to any cat by the name of WaterfallClan's society. Perhaps me being found out would led to--" Her firm gaze liquified and fell to her paws. "--my rank being stripped, but I'm confident when I say none of us will ever be hurt."

"Nettlepaw." Honestly disturbed her apprentice's thought process, Ashstripe had to turn and stare. "Do we live in a Clan of monsters? Surely you don't have to fear harm coming to any cat by the name of WaterfallClan's society. Perhaps me being found out would led to--" Her firm gaze liquified and fell to her paws. "--my rank being stripped, but I'm confident when I say none of us will ever be hurt."
Nettlepaw pulled back, her white tail tip flicking uneasily. "There are cats," she murmured softly. "That will use anything against anyone. There are cats in this clan I do not trust. There are cats, that I know if they found out, that they would most likely use this against you." She blinked slowly, giving a shrug. "I'm not saying they would, I'm not say who they are, but there are cats out there. And plenty of them."

Back
Top Bottom