✅Do More Save Less Challenge - Coming Soon

Pics
I just found this thread but really need to join! Our 18 year old daughter moved out in August. It’s all happy and a good thing, but we are close and she was my poultry buddy; I miss her terribly. Anyway, she left just a crapton of stuff behind. I’ve dealt with a little bit of it, but every time I even look at it, I just feel overwhelmingly sad. But, it needs to go, and I need to clean her room and bathroom drawers, plus she’s mailed us a box to give to her friend. Not sure where we are in the group cleaning challenge, but I’m going to vow to get her huge box of donations split into smaller boxes that I can carry, and donated by the end of Saturday. I’ll start on it tonight after work.

I just found this thread but really need to join! Our 18 year old daughter moved out in August. It’s all happy and a good thing, but we are close and she was my poultry buddy; I miss her terribly. Anyway, she left just a crap ton of stuff behind. I’ve dealt with a little bit of it, but every time I even look at it, I just feel overwhelmingly sad. But, it needs to go, and I need to clean her room and bathroom drawers, plus she’s mailed us a box to give to her friend. Not sure where we are in the group cleaning challenge, but I’m going to vow to get her huge box of donations split into smaller boxes that I can carry, and donated by the end of Saturday. I’ll start on it tonight after work.
Join right in and start anywhere you want to. Others like to see the before and after pics but they are not a requirement. Some of us will support you and some of us will laugh at your mess. I can laugh because no one has as bad a mess as I have.

Well, my cleaning today was not a decluttering, it was cleaning my bathtub. Since it's done, no point in before and after pictures.

The iron in our water stained the tub terribly. CLR (don't use that if you can't open windows) didn't really touch it. A neighbor recommended Bar Keepers Friend. $4 for a can. Way less than the $20 for the big jug of CLR.

WOW. OMG. What a difference. It took a lot of scrubbing and about 2 hours (some of that was sprinkle the stuff on and wait), but just wow.

We got an iron filter, so it should never get that bad again, but now I have a way to clean it.

Back
Top Bottom