➡ POULTRY FEED COMPARISION CHART (Feed brand NAMES needed)

What brand do you feed your flock?

• Purina

• Nutrena

• M-G

• Scratch and Peck

• Manna Pro

• Kalmbach

• Nature's Best

• DuMOR

• Producer's Pride

• Other - Please list the brand name in a comment below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
I hope this picture is good enough. My phone has a crappy camera. If the numbers aren't clear enough I can list them for you.

20180522_111636.jpg

I need help.
I just got an idea.

I think I am going to leave the first tab of the Googlesheet the way it is with ALL feeds on it.

What do you think about me making new tabs for each type of feed?
One for just starters/growers, one for layer feeds, meat birds feed, all flock feeds, scratch-I hate scratch and don't even want to see if on there but I will leave it, ducks, game birds, and other?

I think this is an excellent idea! It would make the chart user friendly for a variety of goals.
Having tabs by feed type would be very convenient if, for example, I was trying to decide on a non-layer feed for a mixed flock, and wanted to make comparisons across brands. Whereas keeping feeds by brand on the main page would be good for times when you want to make comparisons within a brand—such as what exactly the difference is between their all flock and their starter.

All hail Kiki the industrious! :bow

I think this is an excellent idea! It would make the chart user friendly for a variety of goals.
Having tabs by feed type would be very convenient if, for example, I was trying to decide on a non-layer feed for a mixed flock, and wanted to make comparisons across brands. Whereas keeping feeds by brand on the main page would be good for times when you want to make comparisons within a brand—such as what exactly the difference is between their all flock and their starter.

All hail Kiki the industrious! :bow
:love

Consider it done.
I'll get to it asap.

Home Grown Layer 17%

Crude Protein (Min) 17%

Lysine (Min) 0.75%

Methionine (Min) 0.25%

Crude Fat (Min) 2.5%

Crude Fiber (Max) 4.5%

Calcium (Ca) (Min) 3.00%

Calcium (Ca) (Max) 4.00%

Phosphorus (P) (Min) 0.45%

Salt (NaCl) (Min) 0.10%

Salt (NaCl) (Max) 0.60%

Phytase (A. Oryzae) (Min) 227 FYT/LB

One phytase unit liberates one micromole of inorganic phosphorus per minute from sodium phytate at pH 5.5 and 98.6F. Contains a source of phytase, Ronozyme HiPhos GT, which can hydrolyze phytate increasing the digestibility of phosphorus in diets containing phytin-bound phosphorus.

Home Grown Layer 17%

Crude Protein (Min) 17%

Lysine (Min) 0.75%

Methionine (Min) 0.25%

Crude Fat (Min) 2.5%

Crude Fiber (Max) 4.5%

Calcium (Ca) (Min) 3.00%

Calcium (Ca) (Max) 4.00%

Phosphorus (P) (Min) 0.45%

Salt (NaCl) (Min) 0.10%

Salt (NaCl) (Max) 0.60%

Phytase (A. Oryzae) (Min) 227 FYT/LB

One phytase unit liberates one micromole of inorganic phosphorus per minute from sodium phytate at pH 5.5 and 98.6F. Contains a source of phytase, Ronozyme HiPhos GT, which can hydrolyze phytate increasing the digestibility of phosphorus in diets containing phytin-bound phosphorus.
WOOT...I can read blurry pretty good!
I only had one wrong.
Thanks.

are scratch feeds high in calcium?
Most scratch grains are well under 1% calcium, so quite low.
As @KikisGirls said, they should be kept to 5-10% of the diet if used. They don't enhance nutrition. Their purpose is to help satisfy a hen's innate desire to scratch the ground for food. So for that reason, they don't go in a container but are to be scattered on the ground.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom