➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Incubator cleaned and set another 53 eggs. These eggs have been collected over the past six days, gently turned daily, but may not be fertile as I'm uncertain if I ate the last male in the group or if he's just on the super-stealth; Have 10 birds in that cage, no crowing, and usually getting 8 eggs a day, one day I got 9, a couple days I got 7.
Interestingly enough, before I ate that male, I was only getting 2, sometimes 3 eggs a day from that cage, and the very next day blammo 8+ eggs daily. I have so much to learn; any insight is helpful.
You aren't wasting any time.
:celebrate

My male (with 6 girlfriends) makes zero noise so hopefully you still have one male in there.:fl

I have another cage of 11 birds, as yet unsexed; they need another week or two as they will be 6 weeks old on the first of July, and they're not the sort that can readily be sexed by plumage alone, I'm gonna have to try to vent sex them; but that can wait until they've matured. Third cage only has 7 birds, and then my fourth has today's hatch in it.

You aren't wasting any time.
:celebrate

My male (with 6 girlfriends) makes zero noise so hopefully you still have one male in there.:fl

Does anyone else have males with only competitive libido? I have two. They won't breed or crow or anything unless they are within eyeline of a more sexually aggressive male. I was convinced one was actually a hen until today. :confused:

Just shot another one! Next to the waterer again, one pen over from where the last one was hiding.
20190626_184837.jpg

20190626_184842.jpg

Back
Top Bottom