➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I'm not handy, so I don't make coops. I do have a couple of these, though. They're 20 square feet each and are sturdy enough to be predator proof.
I like these but I don't think they would be dog proof at my house.

Cali does too get rain. It's been raining off and on for about a week now. :p

Can you make the opening along one side instead of the roof? Less likely they will try to fly out that way. Or make sure there's lots of hiding places so they can hide instead of freak out and try to fly.

I recommend an egg stick. It's a stick you attach a spiral of wire which has been bent into a cone or egg shape to the end. We have one sized for chicken eggs and it really helps quickly gather eggs from difficult to reach places. You should be able to make one easily with a stick of PVC pipe, some wire, and duct tape.
Can we get a picture of this egg stick please?

I cheated.
I added 3 of my homegrown eggs in the bator.
I want to have at least one HG to mix in a cage with a few Pansy fees. I'd rather raise them together from day one then try to mess with integrating.
I really don't like it.

Last edited:
soooooo tired!! finally finished 8 season binge watch of little house last night and DH woke me around 1:30am looking for the air freshener......i couldn’t get back to sleep until 4ish and had to be back up at 6!!! DS didn’t give me a hard time over the eggs today either.....so he must be tired too!🤣
I feel your pain.
I forgot that I had to help at the school until 30 minutes before I had to be there.
Totally screwed my normal schedule up.
Then the chicks had me going nuts.
I am just now sitting down.
I'm shot.

Back
Top Bottom