➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

5 days old
IMG_20200126_093453.jpg
IMG_20200126_093429.jpg
IMG_20200126_093411.jpg
IMG_20200126_093332.jpg

Yes I crush it. They have been eating already so most the smaller pieces were gone
I read somewhere to use a coffee grinder, so that's what I'm going to do if any of mine hatch. :rolleyes: I got a cheap one just like the one I already use for my coffee beans off of Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004SPEU/ref=twister_B0845BNBQ8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Ah, okay, just asking, lol. I use a coffee/spice grinder now, I got tired after using mortar & pestle for the 1st several months of quail raising! They do go through the powdered stuff fast, huh?
View attachment 2011352
Who thinks I should set 56 eggs for Valentine’s Day???
Me too!
1580057457994.gif

I am about done with hammering feed but I'll do it a couple more days because they make less mes with it in smaller pieces.
I hammered feed one time then I went and bought a blender to much work to hammer feed
You guys spend too much work getting the small pieces. When I put eggs in the incubator I use something like this to sift the feed. The adults don't eat the tiny stuff, and the chicks don't eat the big stuff, so I end up with less overall waste and I don't spend a lot of time grinding or pounding the food.

Me too! View attachment 2011569

You guys spend too much work getting the small pieces. When I put eggs in the incubator I use something like this to sift the feed. The adults don't eat the tiny stuff, and the chicks don't eat the big stuff, so I end up with less overall waste and I don't spend a lot of time grinding or pounding the food.
I don't feed my adults and the babies the same thing.

Me too! View attachment 2011569

How many pansy fees do you think you ended up with?

Kiki said: I don't feed my adults and the babies the same thing.

What do you feed the adults vs the babies? I was under the impression that all game birds needed game bird feed 29% protein? 🤔 Or not?
The adults do not need the high protein or the higher levels of lysine, mehtionine and niacin that the youngsters do need.

Kiki said: I don't feed my adults and the babies the same thing.

What do you feed the adults vs the babies? I was under the impression that all game birds needed game bird feed 29% protein? 🤔 Or not?
I think I used to believe this but not anymore.
I feed the babies game bird 28% protein but I switch them over to 16% layer feed at about 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom