➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Currently all together we have 35 chickens! My silkies are all ‘fully tame’ allowing me to do literally anything but I always handle them for showing. The more free-range flock we have isn’t as tame as the silkies but they are still tame and will let us pick them up and check them over etc, they just see us as a good thing with food half the time so it’s a win win! 😆 One of them is too friendly though, she follows us everywhere and will sit on ours heads, she’s just overly nosey...

Not all our chickens come friendly, most are pretty ‘wild’ when we get them but we just work with them and give them some time. They soon learn we aren’t going to harm them.

I’ve never had guineas but there was some at our old caravan park and you could never get within 10m of them and they’d be off! I can imagine the struggle you have with those :eek:

I know not all of my birds will appreciate being handled at first etc but if my reason for handling them is for their own welfare because they require a treatment etc then I will hold them. Such as these Bobwhites, they don’t like me holding them one bit but treating their legs and getting them over and done with will be better for them in the long run rather than me not bothering because they don’t want to be picked up. If it was something minor that would heal itself then I would keep away from handling so they don’t stress. In their eyes I’m a big meanie coming to eat them but all I’m doing it trying to help them:gig

Definitely! Plus it helps in general by cleaning up their feet fully so you can see what you are working with. Really helps with some of those stubborn scales too.
:bow Impressive!

@RUNuts
Guess which one was the boy.
Minus 7 today

Tomorrow minus more.
IMG_20200217_164222.jpg
IMG_20200217_163519.jpg
IMG_20200217_161418.jpg

@Kiki
Confirmed. None were fertile and no development after a week. This batch is a bust also.
Cheers
I have these...non refrigerated eggs...for just in case.
Do you want them? Looks like only 5 from big daddy's cage.
JPEG_20200217_185550_5093976964963807071.jpg
JPEG_20200217_185651_6051586531577625657.jpg

Big daddy got four new girlfriends today.

Back
Top Bottom