➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

My SSC and Rosetta started hatching today... They are 2 days early and my incubator has been at a stable temp and humidity the whole time. Every time quail are 2 days early and bantam chickens.

I just bought a 50 gallon storage bin today because I want to have enough room for the quail and turkens. There are only 8 turkens and I am sure that only 6 or so will hatch.
Your temp is higher than you think if they hatch early every time. Recalibrate.

Can I be added to the hatch sheet? I set 8 eggs (low number due to shipping losses) and 5 hatched. I have 13 more set to hatch in a few days. It's my first jump back into quail after a long hiatus and it is good to be back! I used to have bunches of button quail but I have started back up with coturnix.

Pictures because that's why we're all here :p
Any help with likely color variety would be much appreciated!

EC951240-2FC9-4921-B169-0E6540997123_1_105_c.jpeg

The whole crew ⬆

A6D64588-71D5-48E8-8121-44C7BEDBB84D_1_105_c.jpeg

I am thinking manchurian/italian ⬆

3ECAA59E-C477-4FA3-B844-ABD2AAEE43F4_1_105_c.jpeg

Tuxedo of some sort, but not sure on the base ⬆

1914709A-F1AD-411C-8C43-40C985E5C596_1_105_c.jpeg

Another tux, same base as the previous? ⬆

57FFFD73-1E1C-4617-B96B-58FA9EBFA0E7_1_105_c.jpeg

English white, this fellow has a dark spot on the top of his head and under his right eye ⬆

0C41842E-07F0-4D99-9E08-6FBEB6350B82_1_105_c.jpeg

A sad little dude that I can't figure out the color for. Normal pharoah? ⬆ They had to be assisted out of the egg and was over a day late for that reason. They have not been growing nearly as fast as the rest and I hope they can pull through. They don't look as unhealthy as they appear in this pic, they were just super intent on eating the moss.

They all have their own personalities and I can't wait for the next batch to hatch!

It’s been recalibrated. It’s all good.

Lots of the SSC have jacked up feet 🤬 I’m not too happy right now! Nothing but issues with them!
Triple check your thermometers. If you are consistently having eggs hatch days early they are not right.
Hatching early can cause problems like you're seeing in their feet.

Just to make sure that you have them on something that is not smooth...grippy type stuff... hopefully they will straighten out in this first few day.

How bad are the feet?
Curled?
Pics?

Think they’d be just 1 day early I set them in the morning and didn’t count day 0.

I’m staying away from SSC I am going to have to cull 3 or 4 because of their feet. They won’t correct.
How long has it been since they hatched..
the messed up feet ones?

How long has it been since they hatched..
the messed up feet ones?
Since this morning. They’re in the bator with grippy stuff.

Both bators hatched quail at the same time. Both have been tested and retested every hatch. The hygrometers and thermometers calibrated and all.

Think it’s just to ruin my day 🤔 Today was great and has ended quite rough. But tomorrow is a new day.

Back
Top Bottom