➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

10 years of classical piano competition here. Judges take points off if they hear your nails on the keys.
Oh wow really!? That’s stupid!! Not you playing. The rules. I think it’s awesome you play! Or played? I took a few piano lessons as a kid but never really got seriously into it or anything. My friend/roommate at school was gonna teach me once but she didn’t :( although I did go with her to watch her play a lot :love I loved it haha

Oh wow really!? That’s stupid!! Not you playing. The rules. I think it’s awesome you play! Or played? I took a few piano lessons as a kid but never really got seriously into it or anything. My friend/roommate at school was gonna teach me once but she didn’t :( although I did go with her to watch her play a lot :love I loved it haha
It's been decades since I played. I won my share of competitions, but there are lots and lots of really good pianist out there. It boils down to who you know rather than how good you are.

To give you an idea, the last competition I entered I won with this piece. Rondo Alla Turca by Mozart This performance is a bit bland, but it gives you an idea.

It's been decades since I played. I won my share of competitions, but there are lots and lots of really good pianist out there. It boils down to who you know rather than how good you are.

To give you an idea, the last competition I entered I won with this piece. Rondo Alla Turca by Mozart This performance is a bit bland, but it gives you an idea.
That’s sad!! Seems a lot of performance venues or whatever are like that. :( like for example I know the dog show world is extremely political too and I think some of the horse shows. It’s sad really :/

But oh wow that’s amazing!!! :eek: :bow :love

My friend I don’t think competes or anything (although maybe she used to? Idk) but she plays like classical style too I think. Except she makes her own stuff. It’s amazing.

Hello! I've been lingering for a little bit just overall on all things quail! :) I love genetics, always have, I've gone through a few threads on here for genetics but they seem old or no longer active, so I'm really curious on a few genes if anyone has experience with them!

The Fee gene I see on a lot of the 'rare' colors but never really explained past it being a possible dilute, I've also seen the colour 'Pansy' and 'Sparkly' but never really on how they were made or how they breed (dominant/recessive), does anyone have experience with either? :D

Lastly, I know in chickens/poultry for shows and keeping track of them people use bands (we also use them in pigeons) but what about for quail? I've always been pretty good at being able to identify individuals from a group but I imagine it could get difficult if for example you had a group of Whites and they all more or less look the same, do people use bands on quail? Thank you! :)

It is official, I can keep three of my four HG chicks. They are hens. I feel really lucky right now that the rare colored ones turned out to be ladies. :clap

Attachments

• CollageMaker_20200728_135045476.jpg
    CollageMaker_20200728_135045476.jpg
    843.3 KB · Views: 8
I'll be joining the hatchalong once my eggs arrive from Southwest Gamebirds! I had ordered some of their JMF jumbo as I hear their weight is legit (not like those fullgrown 8-10oz 'jumbos' I currently have, haha).

They have a 25% promo code (25PCT) if anyone else is also interested!

Back
Top Bottom