āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Shadow, my runt from last hatch that barely pulled thru, is getting some freckles on his back. His brother who also hatched from my odd eggs also has them so it isnt from some kind of health issue from hatch trauma, as Phyllis hatched strongly and perfectly. Yesterday Shadow had 3 white oddly shaped freckles on his back, today thereā€™s 5, I assume more will show up. He really is looking very interesting so far, dark Rosetta, I think he will develop wild stripes like his dad Aragorn, but Aragorn never had freckles like this.

Here are some pics, also, other than his band being on the opposite leg, you would never know he was the runt, and lay there twitching in the incubator for 18 hours on his side, and had to be hand fed and taught to stand, heā€™s easily one of the larger ones now at 3 weeks.
4F8F4182-5766-48F5-AC24-D97E43E6ADE9.jpeg
1FEEDF3B-97D8-46C6-B989-E664C799FF30.jpeg
92CC8979-AE9E-4E73-A239-553DD789C7C7.jpeg

Some front shots of his turkey chest :)
2A772412-B995-4B2E-B461-F6DDDE3DF5A7.jpeg
1AC738B4-BBA1-46E1-BA8D-CF2D7EA19B30.jpeg

These are not mine. These eggs are from a breeder friend of mine.

They are kinda Light Pharaohs, but without speckles on the chest (f) or rusty chest (m) ... the gene is autosomal recessive.

As far as I know, males got a mask, females not.

These are not mine. These eggs are from a breeder friend of mine.

They are kinda Light Pharaohs, but without speckles on the chest (f) or rusty chest (m) ... the gene is autosomal recessive.

As far as I know, males got a mask, females not.
Iā€™ve looked it up, I see some that look different and special, and some look like pharaoh tux to me. I saw a site said that they have more horizontal bars than regular pharaoh. What was bred together to make this variety, do you know? Or was it a spontaneous mutation of unknown origin?

Iā€™ve looked it up, I see some that look different and special, and some look like pharaoh tux to me. I saw a site said that they have more horizontal bars than regular pharaoh. What was bred together to make this variety, do you know? Or was it a spontaneous mutation of unknown origin?

As far as I know it is an own mutation. And I don't know the origin.

It seems quite new, as they are forbidden expensive at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom