➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Likely be blau(blue). But not 100% certain but is guess you'll get a "grey/silver" that's not silver from ssc
Thank you, as the gray ones are feathering, they definitely don’t look like any of my SSCs, the best description I can give is they have richer tones, and the SSCs are more of flat gray color.

I failed at candling last night. I have done it successfully with chicken, duck, turkey, and guineafowl eggs, but I was operating at only like 90% confidence. With 119 eggs, that's pretty much a 100% chance of me screwing something up.

Candling is still an interesting part of the process but I'm okay with skipping it this first time and picking up the skills later. Do y'all agree with what I've read, that it's more of a management preference than a critical element of Incubation?

I failed at candling last night. I have done it successfully with chicken, duck, turkey, and guineafowl eggs, but I was operating at only like 90% confidence. With 119 eggs, that's pretty much a 100% chance of me screwing something up.

Candling is still an interesting part of the process but I'm okay with skipping it this first time and picking up the skills later. Do y'all agree with what I've read, that it's more of a management preference than a critical element of Incubation?
There ar two possible benefits to candling before lockdown. The cool down caused by candling may be beneficial to the hatching process. The second benefit is the early detection and removal of rotten eggs.

What day are your eggs on?

Don’t beat yourself up......candling takes practice. It’s a good idea to at least “spot candle” at different intervals so that you can learn and spot potential problems (like non-fertiles and rotten eggs). There’s nothing worse IMO than an egg exploding in the bator!!!! And it’s extremely rewarding to see the miracle of life as it’s taking place! But yes 119 eggs can be overwhelming especially the first time!!!

I’m notorious for not candling when I have a lot of eggs, and I’ve had a couple pop in the bator to teach me a lesson (which I may or may not have learned haha)

I’m notorious for not candling when I have a lot of eggs, and I’ve had a couple pop in the bator to teach me a lesson (which I may or may not have learned haha)
If you hatch enough, it’s not a matter of “IF”, its a matter of “WHEN”. Candling may or may not prevent it from happening, but it can help!!!!

Back
Top Bottom