➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I think that’s the best use of emojis I’ve encountered yet!!! 😂
I've been involved in quite a few breeding programs through the years...not just birds, either! They (the emojis) pretty much sums it up! I love genetics and have a pretty good grasp of it but without a full scale lab, it's difficult at best to really get a handle on all the variables, gene mutations, gene sequencing, which genes are responsible for a certain trait, why some 'turn-on' and others don't in the same species. Why is there so much difference between siblings, what cause's a gene to be lethal, etc....the list go's on and on.....another that sums all this up! 🥴 Damn Mendel, he started it all! 🤔

The hatchening has begun!
PXL_20210613_144157409.jpg

Ugh!!!!!:rant:barnie :he :mad: 🤬 how I hate the postal service!
Ordered snowflake eggs last Tuesday. Weren't suppose to be here until this Thursday. Got an e-mail Friday, saying they would be here earlier than first quoted, Tuesday 14th. Got another e-mail Sunday saying the eggs would be delivered Monday....they were delivered yesterday but they had been sitting at the post office all weekend!!!!:mad:

Don't know if they were in the trailer or in the post office, either way, the eggs were at 93°F when I opened the box! (checked by IR thermometer). :barniedon't know if they got 'cooked' or not, will find out in a few days. I put the eggs in the bator....immediately, with the turner off! :old
so, this is just a reminder, that if you order eggs and the ambient temps are 90°F or above, please put your eggs in the bator, immediately, to stabilize. If you stablize them at 'room temp' you will have effectively killed the developing embryos.

*As a side note: not the best packing job but none were broken or cracked, 25 total. @ $3.25/egg + $15 for shipping, could be a costly disaster.

Last edited:
Ugh!!!!!:rant:barnie :he :mad: 🤬 how I hate the postal service!
Ordered snowflake eggs last Tuesday. Weren't suppose to be here until this Thursday. Got an e-mail Friday, saying they would be here earlier than first quoted, Tuesday 14th. Got another e-mail Sunday saying the eggs would be delivered Monday....they were delivered yesterday but they had been sitting at the post office all weekend!!!!:mad:

Don't know if they were in the trailer or in the post office, either way, the eggs were at 93°F when I opened the box! (checked by IR thermometer). :barniedon't know if they got 'cooked' or not, will find out in a few days. I put the eggs in the bator....immediately, with the turner off! :old
so, this is just a reminder, that if you order eggs and the ambient temps are 90°F or above, please put your eggs in the bator, immediately, to stabilize. If you stablize them at 'room temp' you will have effectively killed the developing embryos.

*As a side note: not the best packing job but none were broken or cracked, 25 total. @ $3.25/egg + $15 for shipping, could be a costly disaster.
I’m so sorry! I hope you end up getting a few to hatch!!

Back
Top Bottom