āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Hi everyone - how long would you let your eggs sit before putting them in the incubator? Lots of people say 7 days, some say 10 days, I'd just really like to know if you've done it yourself and what's the hatching rate?

Since we have a small flock (of 12 hens and 3 roos), we would like to save up to 120 eggs to incubate, and that will take about 11 to 12 days. Would this significantly affect our hatch rate?

thanks!

Hi everyone - how long would you let your eggs sit before putting them in the incubator? Lots of people say 7 days, some say 10 days, I'd just really like to know if you've done it yourself and what's the hatching rate?

Since we have a small flock (of 12 hens and 3 roos), we would like to save up to 120 eggs to incubate, and that will take about 11 to 12 days. Would this significantly affect our hatch rate?

thanks!
I have personally hatched my own quail eggs that were over 15 days old. But it is better to hatch 7 days or less. It depends on how you store the eggs, if you keep them at the right temp and turn them to keep the yolk from sticking, they last longer. I think there's info stickied in the Sally Sunshine hatching thread.

thanks!
This thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-sunshine-hosts-bantychooks-and-more.1137467/

34 made it to lockdown. 24 hatched. 8 pipped than died. 2 never pipped. 11 died soon after hatching. I have 13 in the brooder.
Wow...that seems like a lot died after hatch. What do you think is going on?

thanks!
The sooner you set the better. I think you might be ok setting 12 days out.
Try it.

My youngest daughter scrambles her eggs in the microwave.
I used to do this, you scramble the egg in the bowl, then microwave till cooked. Then mix up so it's in lots of pieces. It is a quick way to make scrambled eggs if you don't want to use the stove. It can bake the egg into the bowl if you use the wrong type of bowl though.

Back
Top Bottom